Friday, February 08, 2008

TV or Sex ?

That's the question asked in this Register story that caught my eye ... I've repeated the first two para's here :

"Electrical retailer Comet has confirmed what those of us who boast enormous plasma tellys already know - that when it comes to getting your rocks off nothing beats a bit of hot bloke-on-widescreen action.

A survey by the retailer asked 2,000 Brit chaps what would convince them to give up rumpy-pumpy for six months, and no less than 47 per cent said that they'd skip a shag for a 50-in plasma, Reuters notes."

Are they nuts ? Toys are one thing but I'd much rather have the chance to say "hello" to someone pretty as the first thing I do after waking up in the morning than have the big TV ...

That said though, the first thing I do when I wake up tomorrow morning will be to pop downstairs, turn the telly on and promptly fall asleep in front of NZ vs England cricket. And I am thinking heavily about new telly, skybox and speakers ... But I'd still prefer having the chance to say "hello" to that pretty person, especially if she likes watching cricket.

1 comment:

  1. Morning update - I woke up with my radio alarm that I hadn't turned off, thought "nah - not getting up yet". Was rather glad I hadn't about an hour later as I heard over the radio that England had lost embarassingly again !

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.