Monday, February 04, 2008

Force of Nature

Just had one of those "erm - Sleepy, you should probably look outside at the fence in your garden" emails ...

The wind wasn't too bad for driving in, didn't see many lorries having trouble but it's exposed even more of the cowboy antics of the builders I had in ages ago to turn my garden into something maintenance free. Looks like I be buying some bigga nailz soon ... Fence panel is fine but the nails weren't up to the job. Plus I'll have a few years worth of greenery to clear before putting the panel up again.

I think I need a Machete. And some Napalm would be useful too. Glad I have an understanding neighbour :-)

Will have to peek at the sky dish too - it's not receiving all the channels it should, plus recordings have a tendency to jump and skip a bit.

Warhammer gaming tonight - should be good fun. Just finishing up my dinner before heading over there.

2 comments:

  1. Try putting it back together with screws, they hold much better. That wind sounds like it's been using your garden as a play ground!

    Thanks for the visit to my blog and hope you get that therapeutic prodding from that nurse soon, though I'm not convinced it will actually work it could have a placebo effect! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. Screws could be good. The threads should grip where nails would just slide out.

    Prodding's worked a few times in the past :-) I need "maintenance" occasionally on my back cos of a cricket strain, plus my shoulder likes to move itself around trapping blood vessels. A good poking puts things back to where they should be ... Which means I get to feel my fingers again !

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.