Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thursday Thirteen - classy songs

Michele's got me the idea for this one, it's a Thursday Thirteen made up of songs I like the most. I've set myself a rule though, only one song from an artist, so I can get lots of artists on here. Otherwise it would be all Alisha's Attic.

1 - Alisha's Attic - The Incidentals. Guaranteed to melt the hardest heart :-)
2 - The Bangles - Return Post. Not on their greatest hits, which is a crime.
3 - Crowded House - Four Seasons in One Day. Even when you're feeling low, like four seasons in one day.
4 - Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here. The whole album is an amazing tribute to Syd Barrett, this one is the highlight.
5 - All About Eve - Martha's Harbour. Also check out their Scarlet and Apple Tree Man. (bit of a slow-loader that one)
6 - Kate Bush - The Man With the Child In His Eyes. And Aerial shows she's still well worth listening to 27 years after.
7 - Edie Brickell - Ghost of a Dog. Weepy one ...
8 - Tori Amos - Silent All These Years. First track I heard from Tori, still my favourite.
9 - The Beatles - Eleanor Rigby.
10 - Suzanne Vega - Machine Ballerina. Didn't think much of this one at first, really like it now.
(can't find an audio/video - this one is on the Songs In Red And Grey album)
11 - ABBA - Happy New Year.
12 - Clannad - Fado. Laid back Clannad, heavenly Maire Brennan vocals.
13 - Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven.

So that's 13 artists/groups who I adore. There's people missing though. There's no Peter Gabriel up there and nothing by Mark Knopfler. The ABBA song could have been any of at least 10 of their's. I also listen to a lot of Garbage (the Shirley Manson headed group!) and some classical.

CK might like to check out I Will Find You by Clannad - it's the theme tune to Last of the Mohicans.

Yey - I have the Thursday Thirteen code again :-)

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things.

LINKS TO OTHER THURSDAY 13's!

1. The Bluest Butterfly
(Leave a comment & I will link to you here.)




Non-Thirteeners are welcome to comment. :-)

2 comments:

  1. There are some classic tunes there but my faves from the list would be Pink Floyd and Led Zep. Trouble is when ever I think of Stairway to Heaven now it is linked to Waynes World! Remember the scene in the guitar shop? "No stairway. Denied!"

    Michele sent me over to say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Led Zeppelin! Hi, Michele sent me :-)

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.