Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Toys part 2 ...

Lol - toys are good when they work - and trying to fix a gps unit while going at 75mph down the M4 is almost certainly a bad idea ... I didn't try poking it too long but losing the satnav made me realise how much I've become accustomed to being able to time my journeys to the ETA readout on the satnav.

I'm an information junkie and the satnav gives a few little snippets of info that help to feed that addiction. A replacement gps (the lead's bust) will be either £65 or me tinkering for a weekend. The mad thing is that a Bluetooth wireless one costs less than one with a wire. So - I'll be hunting one of these soon :



Testing went well, although I'm glad I'm not the one who's there for the rest of the week. We don't execute the tests, we watch the contractor demonstrating the functionality. A couple of days is about the limit before the brain starts to leak out through your ears and the other fella from our office is 2 days through a 4 day stint.

Now chilling out to iTunes music - currently All About Eve's "The Pearl Fishermen". Beautiful song that closes out their "Scarlet and Other Stories" album. It has Julianne Regan singing along to a couple of guitars.

PS It's cold out there ! Gloves on all the way back tonight ...

2 comments:

  1. Michele sent me back again so I thought I would comment on an ealier post.

    I have a an earlier version of a GPS unit in my car - it's called a road atlas and is 100% reliable. Batteries not required! I just don't get on with those bossy electronic gizmos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol - having a map open on your lap when you're driving kinda gets in the way :-)

    I prefer the other type of navigator though. The type that'll buy you a coffee when you stop at a service station. Plus Tomtom's girl doesn't have a great range of conversation ...

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.