Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I need a new ...

Insert word as appropriate ! At the moment the appropriate word is "diet" and the reason is a combination of :

2 days of a steady diet of black coffee and biscuits
(to stay awake during testing!)
A 2 and a half hour drive home
A salt bomb

I had trouble finding somewhere to get food last night, so resorted to the local chippie :-) The sausage and chips is the salt bomb I refer to above. That's the kind of food I like but I think next time I'll be raiding the chinese instead ... I have legs that are highly prone to cramping and they reminded me at about 2.30am ;-) Not a gentle reminder, this one was a howling "I gotta stand up and get my foot pointing the right way again !" cramp.

People need a certain amount of salt (Sodium) to keep their bodies functioning properly, which is why travellers in the desert will take salt tablets. But too much is also bad for you.

It'll be fine in a couple of days and this time it wasn't both calf muscles going bang on the way to a fitness test leading to me trudging around for a week with torn calf muscles :-)

Lol - I should take better care of myself !

Oh - One thing about doing the washing up, all that standing up is very good for stretching off those tortured calf muscles :-)

PS I also need a new car, gps receiver, telly, dvdplayer, laptop, speakers, pillows, books, relationship, hobbies and I could probably add more ... I'll settle for a new diet, although that will take a lot of effort plus another car to replace my 9 year old Puma. The car is a complex one as I really do have no clue whatsoever as to what to get next ...

2 comments:

  1. It depends what you want from a car really. List what you need and then see what fits the bill adn then discard all that and go for one you like best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muahaha - I have a Blog post all ready and waiting to go on cars ...

    Not going to post it just yet though cos I have a bonzer idea for a Thursday Thirteen.

    Watch this space for when I get all the linkage sorted ;-)

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.