Friday, February 22, 2008

Need a car

Haven't a clue what to get !

Here's a pic of what I have now :


It has the obvious stuff - fun to drive, power, gets kiddies saying "look mommy it's a spaceship!". But it also have economy, reliability and more flexibility than a soft top ...

So I'm now wondering what to get next, which is getting more pressing because at 9 years old, it's starting to disintegrate. A Focus, a Golf, A N Other midsized saloon/hatchback is just plain boring. Soft top would cause me problems when I wanted to move things around. Mazda's RX-8 looks interesting but it's allegedly a bit of an oil burner.

Here's another picture, feel free to join me in a "Looks Purdy!" moment :


Currently chilling to stuff off Sky plus. The testing on Monday/Tuesday was easy but it's been really hectic since then. We're having a big IT change next Monday and because I've managed to stay ahead of all the IT problems people have, I'm seen as some kind of IT guru person ...

Which is fine, apart from when the questions start mounting up. There's only so many times I can answer the same question without getting snappy ;-) I deliberately avoid working in IT support because I know I would go insane after a month. I do like helping out people with their problems, I just like to pick and choose when and who I help ... I must have done ok cos I got a handshake from one of the boys in the car park saying thanks for helping everyone out. Maybe it was me not running around the corner to hide. Now wondering what we're going to find next week ...

Dinner bell just went off - gotta run :-)

3 comments:

  1. You're right about the Mazda RX-8: its rotary engine is a major fuel hog. Do they sell the Mazda3 in the UK? It's got a kicky engine and chassis and the hatchback body style is HUGE inside.

    It frightens me to think what fuel costs on your side of the pond. I'm hoping clean-burning diesels are more mainstream by the time we need to replace our current set of wheels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh heh heh - we've got one :-) Mum & Dad traded their Freelander in for a Mazda 3 and it's a pretty good car. Nippy while still having some speed.

    Nasty pedal position though ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could go for the Prius - not the ugliest car ever and as a hybrid very economical and envirmental re fuel.

    Although the Mazda is certainly sexier:-)

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.