Saturday, March 18, 2006

100 posts !

Hey ! Milestone time :-). And I want to put this post in now because of the negative one that's gone before it. Time to look back on what I've blogged. That's really why I'm doing this blog, to remember what I've been getting up to over the last few months. Besides, I have something else in mind to blog later today.

November :
This is when I started writing this blog and what do we have ... Ahh ... saying hello, what I get up to and complaining about my laptop. Which is really slow. Oh yeah - strange positions on the kitchen floor. Shoulda used my gloves to keep the leak under control better. Oooo - this is the month Civ4 arrived. The first and only game to distract my attention away from World of Warcraft for a decent amount of time. I also introduced one or two of the characters I have the pleasure to share the world with, the IT Girl and Miss L. We don't see Miss L so much lately though and the IT Girl hasn't been too well.

Bacon sarnies. Can't beat 'em, can't get thin on a diet of them. More Molten Core, plus complaints about my ISP. Also managed to cheat something into telling me that my blog should be the colour it is. Result !

December :
I'll come clean here and say that December wasn't a good month for me. I had a lot of things building up on me, stress with the mortgage and more stress from being very overtired. So I said a few things I wish I hadn't. Back to seeing what I did post ...

Yey :-) New toy - webcam. Haven't used it as much as I could have. Xmas party - always good for a laugh and this one was no exception. And I managed to tag along wherever Miss L went all night. Wasn't looking for sympathy honest, even though I did damage my back that morning due to the bitter cold. Hmm. Commenting about the outfits that the WoW people have given the girls. I have an even more revealing one now for my main character ... Darn good item too. Fire, poison, magic, frost proof hanky. Toast. I love toast. Must remember to get the butter out the fridge before going to bed.

Uhoh - I just saw the first of my world hating posts. Ah well. I said what I said back then and probably agreed with it at the times. I still agree with it but for different reasons. At the time, I hadn't seen the need for tightly controlling who goes on raids but after seeing the passengers we have at the moment ? I'm all for it again.

Christmas and the tree. Don't tell my partner - she forgot to pick up that tree when she left. Mine now. Muahahaha ! Had two Xmas's this year, up norf with the family and with CQ for the second family. You'll know most of them from the blogroll. Hmm. I quit WoW around this time. That didn't last long.

January :
Star Wars Marathon. I like Star Wars but it could have been rather better. Well made but doesn't really satisfy the scientist in me cos of the universe it's in. It works well for stories though. First Old Game Appreciation Society post here, although it was a kinda pre one. Massive 'who am I' meme and another 'who am I' about university. A flirtation into a couple of other games (didn't last long). Back into WoW, with some good, fun, successful runs with the guild. First match report and this time it's a good one. We buried the opposition. Birth of Flameberry in WoW, a character who I'm highly unlikely to play much more because of stuff that happened in game. She was named in honour of Cloudberry, who stabbed Guildlink in the back.

Ha ! Celebrating a diet milestone by going out and getting a pizza. That's sensible.

Shopping is dangerous ... And hunting dragons can be too. Visited the parents, which doesn't happen often enough. Showing off my wish list for a pc. Did I mention that shopping is dangerous ?

February :
Wowser - first day of the month and we're up to Scotland to see the launch of 7000 tonnes of pride and hard work. And then a complaint about a credit card ... Still not got a Chip and Pin card from Halifax. That's ok though, I defected to Marbles and I'm highly unlikely to use the Halifax card again. Cricket again, our turn to get swept away by the Drifters. Olympics started - good on ya Shellie Rudman ! History repeating itself part one this month, with people moaning about not being picked for raids. Haven't I put something about that below ? Oooo - finance. (makes sign to ward off evil eye).

Miss L moves on ! Boo hoo. And I exposed my personality to an unsuspecting world. Learn anything people ? Posted my first Thursday Thirteen and we had the earthquake schism in Guildlink.

March :
Woo hoo ! One chapter of my life gets put to a close here, with the removal of my ex's name from the house deeds. Time to move on properly. Started the saga of the garden. Originally I got promised I'd have 6 months to pay the guy but I'm getting daily phone calls at the moment asking for money. Waiting for a couple of loans to come through. Started feeling grotty, haven't really stopped feeling grotty due to bad ear. It's improving though, I'm back to about 50% in my right ear, so at least I can navigate.

Heh heh heh - more WoW frustration. It's amazing the difference a quality team makes. You can sometimes get away with that but not when half the team is incompetent or a waste of space. Mixed month for WoW, we've had good runs and bad runs. The good runs have made it worth it. As has the chance to listen to the Overqueen. Always a pleasure because of the tone she sets.

And that takes us up to today ! Blimey this is a long post, I'll have to do the next one of these at 150 posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.