Wednesday, February 01, 2006

What an amazing day !

Up at 5am, up to Scotland for the launching of a ship. Currently writing this entry at 7.20 pm waiting in the airport for the flight back.

There's been two very significant ladies in my life for the past few years and it was the turn of the faithful one to have her moment today.

It's strange how an object you called 'it' suddenly takes on her own life as soon as you see her move on her own. (kinda) It was a very proud moment for me earlier, seeing Lady Daring go down the ramp. In fact I'm still rather emotional about it now, several hours later.

For this particular lady, I've invested 6 years of my life so far and she's worth every second. I've put in heart and soul and, although I've only set foot on parts of her twice, I feel as if I know every inch of her from bow to stern. Seeing her there today, made her into something rather more real. Being able to see the sheer scale of Lady Daring was quite frankly, awe inspiring. There is a definite sense of strength there, she looks 'the business'. And she hasn't even reached her full height yet ... I'm rather looking forward to the near future when she's completed.

There were a heap of friends from the team there today, with the shared excitement making the moment even more special. The best thing about my project team is the people and how we come together and pull for each other. It's one reason why I've stayed with the team for so long. I even managed to catch a fleeting glance at Miss L as she made her way to Lady Daring to take her launch station. I hope to have a few decent long range pictures too.

In fact, lots of pictures :-). What an amazing day !

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.