Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Brain freeze ...

Is what I got at the moment ...

Probably because I'm trying not to get annoyed at a guild member (soon to be an ex one). I want to focus on the more important stuff like a fairly successful Zul'Gurub run today. After going in yesterday and thumping three bosses (impressing the raid leader with my tanking along the way), it was the turn of a couple more bosses today before the instance resets.

I must have impressed Cloudberry (da raid leader) because she put me as the main tank alongside the main tank from her guild. And I haven't got that much good gear ... The "spider" boss is pretty interesting. She goes nuts and has special scripting that has her going after the healers. She web traps the warrior that keeps her at range, which means a backup warrior (me !) has to pick her up and take her back to the main warrior.

We got her down though. And we got the fish boss as well, although he ate a few of us while trying.

Yep - definitely not trying to think about the idiot who thinks that he can jump ahead of the rest of the people who want to raid the end game instances by ignoring the approved list. An approval list is there for a good reason, it says that players need to be at a certain standard before being allowed to go into the instance. If they're not at that standard, they're a danger to themselves and the rest of the group. The standard isn't so much about the gear they have, it's how good the player is at their class. My gear with my warrior is pretty ordinary, but I can make up for that with the way I've customised the character and my tanking technique. Cos I've read how to do it :-).

The fella who's likely to not be in the guild this time tomorrow just keeps on making the same mistakes over and over again and he strikes me as a typical immature know it all schoolboy at the same time. Even though you want to help people improve, you have to admit sometimes that there are lost causes who you can't help. And I feel like that's a personal failure when that happens.

Mind you, we also had players tonight who had broken items when the person who dies most often (me ! as tank) was getting on just fine. You need to repair your gear before going into a run, especially if your raid leader tells you to ...

Work's going fine at the moment, although they've scarily given me more exposure to the finance world ... Scarily for me or scarily for the project ? Muahaha ! I listened to an after rant report from the IT Girl though. As in, she got ranted at for someone else's mistake. And that's bad. But the someone making the mistake is highly likely to get ranted at when he's back in. Muahahaha ! The IT Girl is in a bit of an unfortunate position because she gives the impression of being able to do everything and is keen to do everything she can. Which means she gets asked to do everything ... Including the stuff that other people should be doing. Keenness should be a virtue, not a source of stress.

Time to catch up with the telly that was on while I was in Zul'Gurub with tanking tunnel vision !

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.