Monday, February 06, 2006

Small Swings vs The Drifters

Game tonight :-)

Was having a bit of trepidation about this one because we've got some history between us. The Drifters are a good side who are very interested in winning ... And they have the side to win the league too. I'd originally dropped out of tonight's game due to a bad back picked up in the cold in Glasgow last week but got back in due to several people dropping out.

We bowled first and didn't do quite as spectacularly in the field as in the last game. I got two wickets from behind the stumps, a caught and a stumping but should have had at least one more stumping. Ho hum. My bowling was dangerous in the wrong way too. I have good days and bad days with my bowling. My shoulder feels mechanically sound but it tightens up in just the wrong place for accurate bowling. I probably need an hour or two of net bowling every week for a couple of months to get my action back in the groove. My back survived the game though :-) Not so sure if I'll be saying that tomorrow though.

Anyway - before I digressed, The Drifters batted first and put 132 on the board, which is a good score. Not unbeatable but challenging to most teams. Too challenging for us ! They had good bowling, which we couldn't really get on top of (literally!) and we got restricted to just 44, with our last pairing putting up a negative score.

We did play well though and enjoyed the game. If you can't win, that's what you have to do. We didn't disgrace ourselves, despite the one sided scoreline. Play hard but recognise that sometimes you come up against a team that's simply better than yours.

Had me dinner, currently watching Sky Captain. Great film :-) Well worth watching again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.