Monday, February 27, 2006

Small Swings vs Ex Disablers

Another game tonight, this time versus Ex Disablers, which is a team that is also mid table to lower end. Translation - a team we need to beat ... because we aim to be no lower than 4th of the 10 teams.

We won the toss and fielded first, which means we know how hard to chase down the runs. Full teams on both sides, so it's down to how you play as to who wins. Steady bowling from us kept their scoring opportunities down, although we didn't have our two terrors, Lee and the Brain, here tonight. Plenty of wandering led to plenty of stumping opportunities for me, plus a catch behind. Proud of those when I get them as I always stand up to the stumps, which makes for far less reaction time.

They did get a flurry of runs from their last batting pair though, ending up with 68. Not much ... but you still have to knock all of those off ... My bowling was as bad as usual (for my standards) but I did actually get a few on the mat. Will have to get my shoulder looked at sometime. It's still good to know that I can still turn the game around single handedly with my keeping though :-) I must have had at least another 5-6 stumpings tonight out of 11 wickets that they lost. Plus the catch behind ...

Batting from our side was very steady, we didn't really need to go nuts. We'd passed their score by the time Dennis and I started, so from there it was make sure of no disasters ... Hmm - with work's current opening batsman and an opening bat from 10 years ago, you're not going to get disasters. Finished on 119 for a comfortable win.

PS Also hit Zul'Gurub after the game tonight, 4 bosses down in 3 hours but far too much wiping on the trash mobs ... Some tanks need to learn to tank mobs where they want the mobs tanked, instead of tanking them where the mobs start off. Ho hum. (on one spot, we had several wipes due to many adds joining in that didn't need to be in range of joining in). No more good stuff for me but my character did make a bit of a profit on the night. Will see if I'm needed tomorrow as I got in tonight (after making an original team and then being dropped !) due to a few people letting us down due to late unavailability.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.