Saturday, February 11, 2006

Them and us

Life's broken down into the people who have and the people who have not.

Thing is, a lot of the time, the people who "have not" are the people who have not figured out that they need to work for things. We have an issue on WoW at the moment where people aren't getting picked for raids. They then complain, sometimes very loudly, about not being picked. I don't think they've figured out that bitching like that earns them no respect whatsoever and will usually knock them down the list. If it's coming from someone in my guild, then it's a source of deep embarassment.

Added to that, are the people who aren't allowed to even sign up for raids ... We got through 6 bosses in Molten Core today and we should get through the rest (except one) tomorrow. You don't do that unless your technique and teamwork is good. In my case, it means removing curses very quickly at certain times, keeping certain mobs under control by turning them into sheep (yes really!!!) and by holding off on the damage I do until I'm sure I won't distract the mob away from the tank. The biggest problem the non approved people have is that last one - the holding off on damage. Even the "experienced" people have that problem, which they shouldn't really. Things actually get more dangerous for the damage dealer as you play more. Better equipment means more damage, means more likelihood of pulling the mob away from the tank.

We also still get people asking questions that could be easily answered by looking up the *!*"%!£"% question !!!!! Which doesn't tend to get much respect and less of an answer from me.

The situation may improve over the next month or so. What really needs to happen is for Guildlink to get more raid leaders. That will allow multiple runs to go into places like Molten Core, which means 80 people get to go instead of 40. Trouble is, I don't think we have 50 people with the necessary technique to be regular raiders, so diluting the team with the idiots will lead to frustration for all. We shall see. If I was interested in being a raid leader, I could actively select which characters I wanted in my raid. But I'm not interested in that kind of grief or hassle. Besides, it would probably keep me away from my favourite healers (Sarai and Cloudberry - Souleater doesn't count as a healer) as they're also raid leaders.

PS Blogger seems to be doing weird things. It's not counting comments properly and it ate the two Six Nations posts I put in last Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.