Sunday, December 01, 2019

Advent Day 1 - Say Hi to the Commander

Hello everyone,

Advent day 1 ! It feels like this year has gone around at a massive rush. Other people have said that too but for me, I think it's because I've been a lot busier at work with trips out of the office to see things that I can't talk about here :-D.

So here I am, on the Sunday morning, writing up post number 1 of Advent and December ! What's on the menu for today :
I have to admit, I had my doubts when opening the tin foil packaging. Had the rolling of time gotten to my marshmallow like it gets to many things ? Had the bugs beaten me to it ?

Today it was a S'mores marshmallow and the description is "A S'mores gourmet marshmallow, embedded with finest milk chocolate chunks and rolled generously in caramelised biscuit crumb." Haha, that sorts that out !

It was as gorgeous as it looks there. I.e. very tasty and I'm looking forward to the rest now. I do like the stuff from Naked Marshmallow Company (not sponsored). The marshmallows have a lovely texture and the flavours they add in are above subtle but not overpowering. Much better than the bland stuff you get in supermarkets where you can't tell any difference between the pink ones and the white ones.

What's the Lego bit ? I think it's one of the ships, probably from the Star Wars Resistance animations. But I don't watch those. Wonder if anything from The Mandalorian will sneak in to the advent calendar this year ? Maybe. That's another one I'm not watching because I really don't want to be paying for multiple subscribed streaming channels.

There's another thing happening this advent too, as promised in the last post. Elitecember ! Today's post was "Commander" and the idea was probably that you take a picture of your current commander and draw something around that. The pilots in game look like this :
There we go, on the right. That's Commander Keela from just before the character reset. The 5 weeks play time is across both of the characters I had at the time and I'm now at (quick check) 6 weeks 6 hours played. I've enjoyed coming back in to the game for that extra week and it feels like the character has achieved much more. Like ... having a credit balance of 830million and higher ranks across the board.

I have to admit that I don't actually have a screenshot of my current commander. You set them up in character generation and ... never look at them again. Although you can just about see Cmdr Ice if you zoom in close to the Gingery Nonsense :
I had to go to the high res version of that because the reduced size pic from Thursday was about 6 pixels high.

So ... no official commander pic. That can only mean ... Here we go :
There we go. Zoom in close for the details.

There's hopefully a few details you can pick out in there like a modified Royal Navy Commander insignia (that's a Sidewinder on top), the RN salute and the headset. Have a peek at the medals too. I think this one has turned out better than some of the others, although I felt really out of practice when creating this one yesterday. Need more practice. Most of the Elitecember pics are going to be screenshots from the game but I'll be drawing some of them.

A pilot needs a ship though :
Cmdr Dwagon would like to welcome you aboard the Dragonbug, to take you where you need to go, to haul your valuables or ... to see the pretty sights :
Fly safe and have a great December.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.