Friday, December 06, 2019

Advent Day 6 - Invisible Marshmallow and Anaconda

Hello everyone !

Still tired today so I haven't ventured out to Bath Xmas Market ... although that will mean some more time for Internet Spaceships and shooting things in the Fer-De-Lance, amongst other things.

What's in the box today ?
There we go. It's a New Republic / Resistance transport ship, as seen in The Force Awakens. I suspect we'll see these again in Rise of Skywalker.

I've tried something else today ... a stage ! Yes. It's a D&D 4th edition expansion book. The Mass Effect book is pretty large, so I thought I needed something to lift everything up so that I could easily get everything in shot.

I think it'll evolve into having something larger as my stage in the days to come. The underside of a Star Wars Advent Calendar box (I think last year's !) may well do nicely.

But wait ... there is something missing in that picture.
Hmm.
What was that again ?
Today's marshmallow was a Milk and Cookies marshmallow and it may have disappeared (mysteriously) before even getting to the stairs that lead to where I'm taking the pictures.

How about the internet spaceships ? No drawing today sadly. Not really feeling it and I'll take the next couple of days off drawing too unless a daft idea pops into the head. I'd like to try drawing faces again, perhaps looking to keep it simple too. Some of the best drawings I see are really simple coloured line art that just rely on precision and a good idea.

The other thing about taking a couple of days out of the drawing practice is the themes ... I could echo a picture of today's theme (Anaconda) but I'm not convinced for White Dwarf and Orrery. But ... I do have screenshots !
I went off investigating again, at hearing the rumour of another crashed ship with potential TREASURE. Alas, it looked like the site had been picked fairly clean already but there was a little more to the tale to see.
The stern actually looked fairly undamaged.
And the rear section of this Anaconda looked fairly ok too.
Erm ... that doesn't look right. I think it's missing something. Like half the bow section.

I'd just like it to be known at this point that I wasn't the pilot. Honest.
And a better view of the port side. That one left a mark ! Looks like something impacted and then punched right through the side of the ship. No wonder it went down hard.

I've found a few more of these mighty ships along the journeys into the beyond ...
Yep. Didn't crash that one either.

I haven't owned an Anaconda in Elite for quite some time. I stopped playing my second commander before getting there and I think I didn't own one for long with my first. It's a great all rounder but a bit of a jack of all trades, master of none only one.

Let's see - at that level of end game ship, the alternatives are :
Type 9 freighter - biggest cargo capacity (756t in mine)
Federal Corvette - best combat going on warship level (but needs unlocking)
Imperial Cutter - best trader, taking over from the Type 9 when you unlock it
Type 10 - dunno what anyone would use this for
Beluga - built to be a passenger liner
The Anaconda holds maybe 450t as a cargo ship but ...

It's an awesome exploration ship. The one I eventually have will have a 70ly jump range, even with an extra fuel tank, which makes it quite superior to the 65ly jump range Krait Phantom I'll use next.

But there's a little while and a few ships to go through before then.

Cya tomorrow !

PS And I got the day wrong again. Oops ! Fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.