Sunday, December 29, 2019

Elitecember Days 28 and 29 - Imperial Aisling

Hello everyone,

What's up with me - lots of cricket watching, a fair bit of going to bed a bit too late and getting up a bit too late too ...

A lot of Motorsport Manager has been happening too. The game is at that very interesting phase where my team is building up towards the money making buildings. Getting those gives your team the income to compete at the higher level. Except, so many of the parts (wings, engine, gearbox) are forced to be standard so there's not that much difference between all of the cars. It's just brakes and suspension, which are reasonably minor cars.

Makes for close racing and I'm actually having to work my brain to win. (Mostly because the other best team has better drivers than my team - working on that !) Been enjoying that and perhaps doing a few too many races on it ...

Been missing the internet spaceships a little though.
We'll come back to that one later.

The Elite themes for yesterday and today were Aisling Duval and Imperial. For those not aware of the Elite lore (most of you I think !), the Empire in Elite was a group that splintered off from the Federation of Earth and left, eventually becoming their own Empire. One big difference is that they allow slavery as well as living mostly in space. They're also led by hereditary succession and the latest succession was part of an in game event a year or so ago.

Yesterday's theme was Aisling Duval :
When the Powerplay mechanics were introduced a couple of years ago to boost in universe player vs player action, Aisling Duval was brought in as the People's Princess. I didn't think I'd be drawing that one (I think my brain has gone on a general break over the last couple of days anyway), so no post yesterday. That picture is from the wiki, although the wiki has taken it from in game.

Oh ! I've also been enjoying listening to the music when the cricket hasn't been on. There's been :

England playing in South Africa - I've been watching this time delayed after emerging from slumber. (I'm catching up on bad sleep - feels like I have that Thing in the back of my throat that's tickling and needs to be ejected - I sense you know that feeling).
New Zealand playing in Australia - I've been watching this until really late.

Both games finished last night though so ... time to rebuild the sleep patterns I think !

New music has appeared :
Far Lone Sails soundtrack - I'm enjoying the atmospheric pieces on this.
Carly Rae Jepsen's Dedicated - fun disco dance style music.
Stacy Kent's Raconte-moi - a singer with a very cute sounding voice singing lovely songs.
Christine and the Queens's Chris - edgy, not quite sure what they want to be, sounds good.

And more music is likely to join that. Another game has joined those in the library, Football Manager 2020. It's curious to be going back to that series. It's one that you can have on in the background while doing other things.

I think it's time to put a marshmallow order in actually. And a ugears order too :-D.

Back to Elitecember - today's theme was Imperial and one task I'll look at doing over this week is levelling up the Empire rank. I'm currently at Baron with another 5 ranks to go before reaching the rank required for their biggest ship. I thought I'd try somewhere new ...
That's the Odo approaching the Pew-1901 station in Aditi. That's a system a little off to the edge of space and I figured it would be a good place to go for missions that just go to the local systems. Didn't work out.
Nice looking station though.
Especially when you get inside. This is the Odo repainted in a more Imperial livery.
Last one.

Imperial stations can be pretty posh and I was lucky to not need to do much jumping around before finding this one. Shiny !

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.