Monday, December 09, 2019

Advent Day 9 - Scanning for Ginger Assassin Jedi

Day 9 !

What's behind the doors today ?
Another Gingerbread Marshmallow today. Not their best, still really good :-).

We have another minifigure today, in the form of Luke the Jedi Master. I'm wondering what he'll get up to in the last film.

The Mass Effect character is the deeply tragic, Thane Krios. He's introduced in Mass Effect 2 as a Drell assassin hired to help you out. You meet him on a mission where he's on his way to fulfil a contract (i.e. assassinate) an insane Asari lady who you actually come across in the first game. He's silently staying just a few steps ahead as you make your way through the mission and you meet up at the end. A tragic figure, he suffers from Kepral's Syndrome as a result of his race being transplanted from a desert world to a humid, ocean covered world. This condition is terminal for our brave assassin so he's using what time he has left in the cause of our protagonist.

I didn't use Thane in game much but his tale is especially compelling. From his introduction, through exposition around missions, to his eventual fate. That last scene is another of the reasons why I haven't been able to play through Mass Effect 3 again, the writing, characters and their various fates brings out all the emotions and feels.

What can I say, the Mass Effect series has some incredible characters and very special voice acting to bring those characters to life.

The Elitecember theme for today is Scanning and ... I don't think I have any Elite screenshots for you today on that theme ... However.

In honour of the wonderful Potato Queen Cmdr Kolo (link to twitch on the right), I present :
He's giving that potato a good long look. Not happy with the right arm on this one and the wing limb could do with being a lot lower but ... This one is another graphics tablet plus GIMP again and I like some of GIMP's features more than I do Corel Painter Essentials. The Corel product has far better choice of brushes to draw with though as GIMP is limited to Pencil, Painter or Airbrush plus tools like the dodge tool I've used to create the white highlights.

That one was the warm up ... This is the main one :
Click for bigger and more readable references.

I'm at a loss for tomorrow's Elite pics though. The theme is Type 10 and ... I'll save griping about that one for tomorrow.

Later !

PS I know what the dwagon holding the potato needs ... More fingers ! The pose was intended to be a hand holding the potato from below but I think it needed something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.