Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Advent Day 17 ! Mint Choc Rover Jack

Day 17 !

What's behind the door today ?
I erm ... had to censor that a little to make it blog friendly. No one will notice. (I'll get back to that in a bit).

Mint Choc Marshmallow today ! These are my pick of the bunch. Very tasty. Beside it we have an escape pod, from the original Star Wars movie. Where could those droids be ?

And the Mass Effect picture of the day is Jack, crazy psychotic biotic with a grudge against pretty much anything. Although, as the character develops, a softer side appears from underneath the crazy destructive side. Jack's another great character, utterly unique in that universe. Harsh at first appearance but there are massive hidden depths there as you get to know her.

But ... part of that uniqueness is the outfit and Jack doesn't wear very much on top. The outfit can be optimistically described as "straps". So I had to add something ...

The Elitecember theme today is SRV, which is the rover. I wanna talk about a couple of other rovers though, a couple are from Mass Effect !
That's the MAKO, from the first game. A tough little buggy with a big gun. It sees you through the planetary exploration sections and is a neat extra little thing to do. There was a Mako Mountain Climbing t-shirt a while ago. Still want it. Apparently MAKO is available in papercraft too ...

And then there's the Nomad, from Mass Effect Andromeda. This one was more of a scout vehicle and the control scheme was more developed. I should go back to Mass Effect Andromeda at some point.
There we go.

But how about the dependable rover of the Elite universe ? I'm gonna open this time with a drawing ...
Might be a bit dim again. The coloured pencils I picked up are pretty hard and the colour doesn't transfer quite as well as I'd like. However ... I'm looking to develop this into a more sketchy style. Instead of filling the surfaces, I've attempted to use shading that follows the line of those surfaces.

Like in the Kolo Kult Leader pic :
The robe and feet are too wide and I need to figure out faces. But ... hopefully some more of the details are there ! This particular pic is picking up on a developing meme that our Kolo is the leader of a potato cult. Not-a-cult, honest.

Oneofus oneofus oneofus oneofus oneofus.

Errrr ... How about the SRV in game ?
I called that one "Thargoid Crumbs".

Other stuff ? I did some shooting of things in Elite earlier, partly in the hunt for a Shields screenshot. Will have to see what got acquired. And then I had to do more shooting of things in Elite when underestimating the powers of the little fighters that can be equipped to ships. Scratch another ship ... Oops.

I watched The Force Awakens tonight, I should be able to watch The Last Jedi tomorrow ahead of watching the new movie on Thursday. There's a chance to watch all 3 movies in town tomorrow night but I don't fancy my chances of getting there for a 6pm showing and definitely think the chances of munching something before would be remote.

Finished Athabasca last night, that book took far longer than it should ! Another Alastair MacLean and a ripping yarn as always. I was just always a bit too distracted on other things. I think it's going to be Ignition next.

Kaboom :-) See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.