Friday, December 13, 2019

Advent Day 13 - Gingerbread Federation Dwagon Dice Droid

Hello everyone,

Weekend is here ! Time for a chill out. Hopefully watching the next World Endurance Championship race tomorrow, however their coverage is an absolute mess and it can be tough to find a way of watching it without paying any money. And I'm not going to pay money to watch it. I like the racing ... but not that much.

Gosh that was a weird intro ! What's behind the doors today ?
There we go.

That's another Gingerbread Marshmallow and I'm pretty sure the Lego Thingy is a Mouse Droid. The one that sits very close to the ground and guides people to their destinations. And ... on looking for a bigger picture of it, the EXCITED BOUNCING NOISES may have started happening. I've recovered a bit but ... Check this out :
That's from Rebrickable.com and here's a link to the page. It's not just a Lego Mouse Droid. It's a remote control Lego Mouse Droid. HOW AWESOME IS THAT ?

Before I go on, I'm still excitable from enjoying a lovely afternoon/early evening out with someone who had bought me something AWESOME. Check this out :
It's a custom t-shirt, imported from America and not only is the design particularly amazing, it felt like it was made from lovely soft material as well.

This will be a prized gift indeed.

Where was I ? Today's Mass Effect poster is Aria T'Loak. She isn't a member of the crew but she's a key NPC who runs Omega, an independent space station built out of an ancient asteroid base. Sassy, powerful, angry, sexy, Aria is an Asari who runs Omega with an iron fist and gives the player someone to talk to when connecting with the quests there.

And there's more too but that's spoiler territory. The Mass Effect games are best played blind, so your particular, unique story develops and unfolds before you and spoilers dampen the impact.

The Elitecember theme today is Federation. There are 3 main power blocs in the Elite universe, the Federation, the Empire and the Alliance. The Federation grew out of Earth and are a kind of amalgam of the democracies and republics we have on Earth at the moment.

(I'm not mentioning the election - that's not something for here !)

The impression I have of Elite's Federation is that they're a bunch of overbearing, over regulating autocrats who look to tell the rest of the galaxy how they should do things. I might be doing a bit of transferance from our current governments there. I try and ignore this government as much as I can, staying under their radar while doing what I want to do not what they want me to do.

And I do exactly the same thing in Elite. I've done a lot of work for Elite's Federation but that's so I could unlock all the ships. And .... SHINY :
I'll come back to the Admiral Luperza at some point, it should be a devastating destroyer of people with Wanted tags. As was the Odo ... I went in to the game last night to fly the Odo around and it was quite cheerfully making explosions out of anyone who dared to attempt an interdiction.
The paint job is spectacular, although that one is assisted by the light of a close by sun. There's going to be more pictures of the Odo tomorrow for the Docking post.

I did actually do a drawing today but I didn't have much time. I also attempted to draw from memory too, with no references.
Maybe a bit more angle to the forward neck pylon.

Today was a good day. See you tomorrow !

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.