Sunday, June 10, 2012

Someone stole my holiday !

Back to work again tomorrow. I'm not quite sure where this holiday has gone to be honest.

I don't think I've been gaming that much, I definitely have managed to resist some of the "wake at noon, play until daybreak" silliness of previous years. (I'm not gaming as much these days). I need to read more stuff to be honest. I've been stuck in Stark's Command for months now, having just not gone back to it.

What have I been doing ?

Lots of music been listened to - since breaking up from work on 31st May, I've listened to 811 different songs lasting 2.2 days (iTunes is great for picking out stats like that) including 20 different albums. Of the new stuff, the opinion is :

Alanis Morrissette - still pretty good, if a little samey.
Transvision Vamp - fun 80s tunes. Me like.
Kings of Leon - dunno here. Youth and Young Manhood isn't that great to be honest, although I've not yet listened to it as an album. Just not as much my type of music as girlie vocals are.
Air - Premiers Symptomes - I like this too. It's good occasional listen chill out music. Can't sing along to it though cos it's instrumental and I do like croaking along to my music.

The weather has turned into something utterly appalling ... I should really have checked out repairing the fence in the back yard but I don't fancy drowning. Still, it's looking a lot better out there now than it has done.

Talking about weather - it held off long enough today to let CrazieQueen & The Fairy do their bit for Race For Life, raising money for Cancer Research UK (link to fundraising site + it'll go on the link list soon). I'll get the credit card out for that soon and the £10 bounty from the Pink Hat fund for the run out I pulled off will go there too. They've earned it today. If you click on one link from here today, make it be that one.

Back at home, I've been watching a lot of recorded stuff, plus there was a decent amount of cricket on the telly to enjoy. That 811 different songs is actually a little light for what I can listen to over a week off because I was having to keep up with the recorded stuff as well as watching the cricket.

Been recovering from that attack of house cleaning still too - either it's dust in the house or pollen from outside but my lungs have been full of rubbish (it affected me in the Thurs 31 game too) and my eyes have been almost constantly streaming.

One thing about all this weather - it's made me glad I bought something called "Supaguard" with my car. It's a protective coating that's supposed to keep showroom shine on the car. It seems to work too - all this rain has been quite happily washing the accumulated dust and road grime off the car, leaving it super shiny. Awesome. The last time I took it to a car wash was around Xmas and to be honest, I dislike using car washes because of the chance for it to scrape the paint off. Rain + Supaguard do a great job.

It's going to be strange heading back in tomorrow.

Usually after a break, I'd be looking to find out how everyone had gotten on. If they're ok, how they're feeling, whether any good gossip happened while people were away. I can usually tell the "are they ok?" from just a look. I'm like that - when I look at someone, I'll see more than they'd like me to. Most of the time at least. There's times when that perception gets jammed or blocked by a brave face being put on.

Tomorrow will be different though - the people I'd usually look to first are in the old office and unless I let Autopilot have it's way, I'll be heading straight up to the new office. Wonder if I'll get an excuse to go down there and say hello. I hope so, communicator and email are ok for messages but if you want to really know how someone is, there's no substitute for saying hello and grinning at them.

I do keep thinking of them, although I know there's a couple of them that know I keep this blog going and occasionally talk about them. Miss F made me promise not to talk about her, will have to 'fess up to breaking that promise due to saying something nice in the Moving Day post.

Reading that one again shows I occasionally follow my own advice - I ran into someone this time last year who's kept me laughing occasionally with insane chatting over Steam Chat. We're both gamers who happen to be interested in the same games ... She's talked me into getting Guild Wars 2 (and I'm not convinced now that was a good idea) and I've done a total of maybe 2 hours testing on that this weekend. The GW2 people would have been Expecting people in the beta to be putting far more hours in than that. Well ? I just don't feel like doing what they'd Expected me to do ! Far too much cricket and motor racing (and football being ignored) on to be gaming too much this weekend.

For now - it's a choice of either Moo2 (I keep opening that relic back up again for some reason) or continuing the Deus Ex HR run. Not convinced I'll do that much more Skyrim to be honest. It's a great game and I feel I've got my value out of it but it's let down by not being able to break out of certain quest lines. You should be able to choose to not be a cannibal or not crash the merchant ship.

It'll be Deus Ex shooty stuff I think - my neck and wrist have decided to dislike me, which means the static mouse gameplay of Moo2 is a Bad Idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.