Monday, January 15, 2018

Emote Factory is still ill

I've been having fun with my emote factory again ....

What's the latest creation ? The brief was "ALSO, I really wanna do a Backseat Bois emote but I think it's imposs due to the fact that the phrase is too long for the 28x28 space".

Yep. Too many letters there and Emotes always work best as pictures. Anyway, that's one where one idea combines with something I've had before to make something silly that fits what's needed.

Something I've had before :
And the whole thing about people who will come into a gaming stream and attempt to tell the streamer how to play the game. It's backseat gaming and no one likes that. Especially when there's a 30 second or so delay on the stream that means their ever unhelpful advice appears late, usually giving an "I told you so" type impression.

Yep. No one likes a backseat gamer.

So what has the emote factory created ? Crude as per usual but I hope chuckle worthy :
That's an intermediate size version of it, which you then gradually reduce in size (to keep the integrity of the image as much as possible) to 112x112, 56x56 and 28x28 with transparency for emotes.

Looking at it more, I'd do a global change of the car colour to blue, so that a Red X or Circle and Line "banned" could be overlaid on top. A bigger eye too. I don't think it needs arms, nose or mouth. Less is more ?
I knew I had something convenient to illustrate that. I'll happily have the cookies that are being given up due to that.

Except not today cos I'm still not healthy. Last time I was like this, I rushed back into properly going to work and ended up being worse over the end of that week. I was wrecked. I don't need to be in the office tomorrow so it'll be another day of working at home. That's ok. I got stuff done today and it frees up space in a badly overcrowded office.

I'm targeting Wednesday for being back in but we have the tools available to allow us to work at home and have all of the information facilities available to us. It's just tougher to walk over to someone's desk and have a natter about the work.

My head isn't quite back to where it should be though. There are the little errors again which shouldn't be little errors, although I've actually spotted one of those and fixed it today (and almost certainly confused the people who need the info !)

I should put the dinner on. One side effect of these bugs is that I'm shying away from consuming the fluids or the food and I haven't really been missing them. But I'm attempting to have the dinner every day. I may lose a few pounds with these bugs, which wouldn't be a bad thing.

Haha - time to put the dinner on. One more pic though :
:-)

And the backseat driver emote got chuckles and a "that's so cute!" too, so it was well worth the 30 minutes or so spent on it after turning off the work laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.