Thursday, April 05, 2012

Summer music (yes it is this time!)

Right - the delayed cricket has hit that point where I've switched to half watching it (despite Pietersen getting in and looking to dominate) although I am quite happily chortling away at the commentary. Beefy and Greiggy are on form having fun with Lamby "that crab was bigger than 'im !!!"

And since I've started this post, soporific cricket in the morning has turned into BOOMBOOMKP cricket :-) Ball's flying everywhere and the crowd are donning the hard hats.

That's enough of the Boys of Summer, on with the music (that's Don Henley's signature tune by the way)

Letting myself switch off from work over the next week or so makes it feel like a Brand New Day (Lisa Miskovsky). She's got a fantastic voice but is let down a little by the songwriting being a little generic. Still, with a voice like that, she can Sing To Me any time. (And it's in a range I can mostly sing along to!)

How's the Weather With You (Crowded House and still a favourite) around the world at the moment ? After our summer last week, it's back to dark skies here and snow in Scotland. America has tornados.

I'm not so sure that we're moving to a Warmer Climate (Snow Patrol), just a more energetic one. The winters are still cold, the summers aren't hotter than I can remember from baking all day on a cricket field. But the storms are definitely more intense.

The clocks changed here very recently and one thing that guarantees is Here Comes The Sun (George Harrison). You can't help but raise a smile at "Here comes the sun, it's allllright".

Still grey skies at the moment here but I'm hoping Mr Blue Sky (sung by Lily Allen there) comes out again soon. I have a back that would really appreciate me lying on the bed with a book, getting a baking from warm sun through the window.

Yep, Sunshine After The Rain (Elkie Brooks) would be good. Although a drought threatened England could do with at least some rain to make sure those cricket pitches are good for the summer.

And if the sun's out, then it's far easier to Rise And Shine (early happy Cardigans).

Here's to some Good Times (Edie Brickell) this summer and hoping my legs let me pull out the Moves Like Jagger (Maroon5) on the cricket field. Ok, maybe not the dancing but fast feet are a real blessing in cricket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.