Saturday, April 28, 2012

Cone of Shame

Wonder if I'll manage to avoid getting put in one of these this summer ?
Wait - you're thinking I should be in one for Wednesday's antics ?

:-)

Doesn't count - it's pre season practice. Plenty of time to break more stuff in the season and knowing me, I'll definitely break something. And then hide it so no-one knows :-) That's part bluff though. Show someone weakness on a cricket field and they'll take advantage of it. A lot of the initial frenzy I'd show in the field was aimed at conning the batsmen into thinking I'm better than I am, so they take a split second extra to decide whether they want to run or not.

One weird thing about this head bump is that I've not felt hungry since. I've been eating and hearing/feeling the rumbles but that's not the same as feeling hungry. Strange. Curious to know if that'll continue, could be real handy for losing weight :-).

Feeling better today. Yesterday started with at least 12 hours sleep followed by me not really noticing what was going on in the afternoon. I haven't felt post-practice stiffness as expected. My back is almost pain free. That's weird because it always used to take time to get my muscles used to running around again. I'll feel stiff after the first game of the season plus I'll struggle in the games (bad left leg is ok when first used but stiffens very quickly) but getting conditioning back that quick is promising for playing several games in a week.

Perhaps it's a benefit of losing the weight. Must lose more then :-) (13st0 this morning!)

One more picture :
If she's asking ? (Jadzia Dax from Star Trek Deep Space Nine) Then hell yeah. But only because she had huge amounts of fun and I'd love to know just how far those spots go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.