Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Anyone got the number of that truck ?

Crikey I must have been tired.

Can barely keep the eyes open at the moment, although I know that if I went to bed right now I'd not likely get to sleep anyway. Not a good idea to do that right now anyway cos :

6.45pm - finished up at work for the Easter break
(problems at the contractors meant something I needed to do Stuff didn't arrive until late)
Off to Dominos to pick up essentials,
Pizza + movie + popcorn

So I'm full of pizza and popcorn at the moment, which is why I need to stay up for another couple of hours (actually another hour now with the amount of time spent on this post!). Bed on full tummy is not a good idea (figuring that is one reason why the diet is going well !)

The movie was Book Of Eli. It's a post apocalyptic movie starring Denzil Washington. It's a star performance too. Well worth catching if you've not seen it.

I'm kinda surprised at how big the movie collection has got now. I've been collecting since I added a dvd player to my PC in 1998, so you can probably imagine how many I have cluttering up the bookshelves. Curious to know how long it would take to watch them all. There's no easy way to count like in iTunes (5412 songs, 14.9 days to listen to them all).

Wonder how long it would actually take for someone to go through my movie collection. Any volunteers ? I have popcorn ...

I also appear to have picked up 12 cupcakes and all sorts of other stuff due to going shopping yesterday while hungry. Multibuy offers can be insanely dangerous.

Really tired right now though. I can keep myself going through just sheer bloodymindedness. I've been hyperactive at work (with the cost of missing some attention to detail) but flaking out at home due to running on empty. I'm close to flaking out now but that's because I know I don't have to get my brain active tomorrow morning. It'll be bed until I get bored of trying to sleep (not been sleeping well lately), followed by falling asleep in front of as-live cricket on telly.

It probably shows how tired I am right now by how disconnected this post is ?

Definitely looking forward to regenerating some energy over this next week. It won't take me long either until I'm bored of my own company. I like being around people, even if I have some difficulty in overcoming the isolation. I'll definitely miss :

Real Boss - cos I pick up on his professionalism, which sparks off mine too. We both like to get stuff done and we like to get it done right. We do have trouble communicating sometimes though as we have to translate into each other's mindset. He's orthodox chaotic, I'm unorthodox order and we both OCD. Spot the clash potential ! :-)

The Boss - been leaning on her empathy lately more than she's been leaning on my tech skills. And I think she has a secret plan to spoil me with Creme Eggs.

My Scottish Go To Girl - she's my counterpart in the Scotland office. We both try and keep up with what our bosses are up to and manage to anticipate their need for info by staying a step or two ahead. We compare notes and keep each other laughing. Can't do much in this world without information and me and the Go To Girl conspire to get the right info out there.

Canteen Mob - I get the feeling these girls are getting near the end of their tether with management interference but they still manage the playfulness when they're dealing with the lunchtime queue.

The Old Team - it's a little sad how I'm more connected with the team I used to be a part of before migrating into Requirements than I am with the team we got parachuted into. I still go round there a fair bit cos that's where the milk is and cos of project-y liaison Stuff. I'm a central point for info and process because I've been there so long I Know Too Much.

And lastly but most of all -

The Snow Queen ! Cos she's a legend and one of very few people who can follow me when my brain starts flying off at tangents. And because the reward for succeeding with the "must make Snow Queen laugh" quest is an ear to ear angelic smile breaking out beneath eyes whos sparkle promises devilry and mischief.

PS Cricket on telly tomorrow means I'll hopefully be in the right frame of mind to do that Summer Music post :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.