Monday, April 09, 2012

Easter Bunny

Muahaha

Yum.

Still happy with the diet actually (it has a minimal amount of bunny). I've been going between 13st dead and 13st 2 over the past few days. So despite (or perhaps being able to) doing a bit of the snacking again, I've maintained or lost a little. That 13st is actually one of my target weights but for a different shape than I am now :

Target 11 st - for my current upper body strength
Target 13 st - for a stronger upper body
Actually, 11st would probably be a little too light with my legs, they're already losing a bit of their mass. Still, those power legs are still conditioned for me being a stone heavier than I now am which means happy days as I'm more nimble than I've been for ages. And they're behaving themselves too, with much less tendency to cramp than I had a couple of months ago so my minerals are more in balance.

Yep - happy with how that diet's going at the moment. I don't think I'll ever go back to a washboard stomach* but this diet is all about keeping the discipline together on trying to settle into a new pattern of munching centred around "only eat while hungry". With Easter Eggs, I used to just demolish them immediately. Now I'm gobbling up a third or a quarter and then putting it back in the fridge for later. Progress !

*Washboard stomach - last time I had one of these was at uni. I'd been living off campus, biking in every day. By the time nets started up for cricket, I actually had stomach muscles. I'd never had them before ! So there I go into bowling practice, first ball goes down and those stomach muscles start firing ... At random. Like totally uncontrollable and the ball was going Everywhere :-).

I figured it out after a few sessions but didn't get the chance to try it in a match that year as that was the year when I killed my shoulder. The injury I got seemed minor at the time but 3 weeks later I found out I'd actually dislocated it (I don't feel pain right, so the signals I had only came when I tried picking things up with my right arm) and after half a season of cricket I found I had a torn rotator cuff. I shrugged, thought that doesn't mean much but then saw some baseball commentary where a pitcher with the same injury was scrubbed for 18 months, if he could come back at all.

Scary.

And it was the end of me playing cricket at uni (except for a staff vs students game where I kept wicket and dislocated both thumbs temporarily). After that, cricket opportunities were hard to come by as I was bouncing around the country on different placements for a couple of years. But I did get the chance to earn another trophy (actually a picture) with a team in Farnborough who I pushed from perennial 3rd/4th to winning their cup.

And I've Wall Of Texted again on something completely unrelated to the original theme.

Supply shopping soon - spookily around the time when the Easter eggs are reduced to clear. I'll have to go in to pick up more Flora and bear absolutely no responsibility for any Easter eggs that may escape the shop in my bags ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.