Monday, April 16, 2012

Hyper, Hunger, Hype, Hectic, Hopeful, Hell

Craziemob watched Hunger Games tonight.

Gotta say, this is a really well made film. They got their script and executed it pretty well. The main star, Jennifer Lawrence, playing Katniss will be massive. But then again, we could already see that from her being the highlight of X Men First Class.

Wait - you're probably detecting a hint of very faint praise there ...

Yes. The execution is done extremely well. The cast play their parts well. Sets and effects are top notch. Will I buy it on blu-ray ? Probably not. Although saying that, this is likely to be another Avatar where I avoided buying it until a second watching off Sky movies. Yet the hype has made this such a smash hit that we're likely to see the next two books in the series turned into film.

Bit like Twilight. I watched Twilight. Honest. Yep, I'll freely admit that I've watched Twilight once. And I've even bought Paramore albums ! But I stayed away from the sequels. I may well end up doing the same with Hunger Games (Today's hyperactivity broke just before the start, which is probably why I'm underwhelmed).

Hunger Games - great execution, script was carried by the star. Concept somewhat tired and World Setting was nonsense.

Do I recommend you see it ? No. Watch Mirror Mirror instead cos that's highly entertaining and is a film I will Definitely buy when it comes to bluray at an acceptable price. And I enjoyed John Carter more too.

Hyper ?

I must have needed the break and looking back at the "Anyone got the number of that truck ?" post just as I started my leave reminded me how burnt out I was. This morning though, getting back in to work was a Sleepypete spinning like a top. I got to my desk at 8.45 and by 9.30 I'd been thinking so quick I was amazed it was 9.30 and not 11.00 yet.

Hype - is Hunger Games. The hype has made people come out to see this one for sure. But having seen it, I'm not sure Hype will get people out to see the sequels. The concept has been done better before and in Future Earths that are less nonsensical.

Hectic - oh yes. Next few days will be nuts :

Working like a dervish as usual,
Shopping to do (need stuff for weekend)
First net session for cricket on Wednesday
Battleship will be watched on Thursday (I will leave my brain in the car where it'll be safe)
And travelling to do

Hopeful ?

I'm very curious to see what I'll have available in the net session on Wednesday. I'm feeling pretty good at the moment. I still feel the point pain in back and shoulder that reminds me to not go nuts with trying to bowl too quick. And I still have the faint limp due to the hip injury. But I'm hopeful that I'll be able to turn the arm over a little on Wednesday, although I don't particularly want to do any bowling in matches this summer. I prefer fielding these days.

What I do know however is that my legs are in great shape. The power is there in the muscles and the knees are supporting delivering it. The hip injury is slowing my walking but it's not in muscle groups that affect power running. I'll be looking for some serious speed in the summer on cricket fields where I'll have the space to pin the ears back and go for it. And perhaps with carrying less ballast, I'll have brakes too. That'll be a pleasant change !

Back to the fray tomorrow.

PS Hell ? That'll be what I'm in on Thursday when all my muscles go concrete after nets !

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.