Saturday, January 14, 2006

What a rush ...

It's funny how a job that needs a huge amount of concentration and attention paid to it gives you a rush when it ends up as a job well done. I took my warrior into the Lower Black Rock Spire today, to help a few people through a quest sequence.

How did it go ? Before that, I'll give a little history. We've hammered at this place before and it wasn't pretty. It took a lot of effort and frustration to get the job done. Tonight, the team was Zalzar healing, Tauranius doing everything, Tarook being mage and Augorn being ranged damage with his hunter. My job, as the professional punchbag (aka warrior) is to hit enough things just enough, so that the bad guys hit you instead of the more vulnerable people. How did we do ? We aced it ... We died about 3-4 times but you expect that. Sometimes you just can't stop extra mobs coming in, which is when you have lots of problems. But despite that, we got all the way to the end, with the bosses (toughest things in the area) not knowing what hit them.

How did I do ? I run something called damagemeters, which is a stats person's dream. Even though I only contributed 1/7th of the damage, between 5 people, I hogged 54% of the damage done to us :-) Which, considering that a hit on me does half the damage that a hit on a mage or priest would do, I'm pretty impressed with that. However, it helps having a decent priest to keep you alive. We announced what we'd done on the Guildlink chat channel and were greeted with disbelief :-) Think I'll be walking my warrior into future raids. When I take my breaks from semi WoW retirement that is ...

Oh yeah - I got to spend an hour in the same room as the lovely Miss L while at work, so a very good day all round.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.