Sunday, January 29, 2006

Brr ...

Blimey it's cold in here.

I've been at my parents' place over the weekend, which means I sensibly turn things off before I leg it because the house stays empty. The thing I always, Always have second thoughts about turning off is the heating ... Currently typing here on my main pooter contemplating putting my gloves on. It'll warm up soon. At least I have a working boiler ... which is more than can be said for one of my dearer friends. She has lots of heaters though :-)

Anyway, it was my dad's birthday today, which is the reason I went up there. He got stuff, my sister found a rather impressive laptop in clearance sale, I got a vacuum cleaner (mine died through overwork - yeah really !) but I didn't manage to get mum & dad to spend money on buying bits for putting wireless broadband into their house. Must keep trying there.

I got to see the dogs too. Ben is still a lovely pup and happily exuberant. Goldie is suffering a bit though, I don't think he's got that long left in him. I reckon he's got steadily worsening arthritis in his back end, which is making it harder for him to move around. But he still manages to get a Big Tail Wag going when he sees me for the first time on a weekend. He's done well has Goldie, I think we've had him for about 13-14 years so far and I think he was about 2-3 when we got him as a rescue dog.

I better get the washing on so I can wear my black jeans on Wednesday ... We'sa going up to Glasgow to see a ship launch and I want to wear my black jeans. Even though I should probably retire them for being too big. That's right - my black jeans are now feeling rather too loose :-) Something must be going right with my diet. This month, 13 stone, next month 12 stone (heh), this summer - more cricket due to less breakages caused by carrying too much weight. We shall see.

Washing time ! More tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I'm surviving without central heating - thick dressing gowns and additional blankets wrapped round me while I'm watching TV are making it bearable - but SOOOO moving into a new place before next winter...

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.