Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thursday Thirteen - Facebook

I haven't done a Thursday Thirteen for ages ... And I figured I'd step back in with a few random thoughts. I'm fairly active on Facebook, more active than I am in looking around the blogging world. FB looks for shorter, sharper posts and most of the time I try and make people grin with what I post.

Here's a selection of the recent FB insanity :

1 - Sharing ICanHazCheezburger's National Popcorn Day. Having to postpone this because I'm too drained right now to demolish a bucket of popcorn.

2 - "Was going to get 'healthy' stuff earlier but now has something infinitely better". I have cookies !

3 - "hmph. You'da thought that with all the hot water I've just had on me from a long and much needed shower (sore back), the heating would have come on to make the t-shirts on the radiator warm ! :-)" That was a really good shower. Back definitely felt better for a while. It's not that bad, I'm just noticing it more than usual at the moment due to being drained.

4 - "think I learned something at Costa earlier ... I might not be as anti-cheese as I thought I was :-) Think it was actually their hot chocolate which was setting me off ..." I have a sensitive belly. It definitely reacts to cheese but what I didn't realise was that it was also reacting to hot chocolate. I guess it's coffee from now on. MUAHAHAHA

5 - "Internet = broke -> sad face". And there was another pointing to Virginmedia's status page. Lost connectivity to the net on Tuesday. It's only when you lose something that you're used to being 100% available that you notice it's gone. And my ISP has been almost 100% reliable since I've been with them with only occasional quibbles.

6 - "That's a quarter of the month's data allocation for the mobile used this morning. Back to the ipod for this pm :-)". That's from listening to cricket commentary on Tuesday morning :-) Great result for Geek Squad Testing, awful result for England's cricket.

7 - "Definitely easier to travel at silly o'clock". I managed to get my butt on the road at 5.30am on Tuesday, half an hour earlier than intended. I suspect that if I'd tried to get 30 more minutes of Head In Pillow, I'd have set off at 6.30 or later. I know what I'm like. Anyway - roads were pretty good and the sun was coming up by the time I was getting close to the destination.

8 - "brainzzzzz". Sent at 05.23 Tuesday morning. I probably looked like a zombie too.

9 - "why am I still chatting to people online when I need to be on the road in 6 hours ? Rubber Mallet time :-)" This was someone on Steamchat who I met at random in a games shop last year. I was still chatting cos I think I was making someone laugh :-).

10 - "I fueled-up my Lexus CT200h, 43.5 UK MPG". This is an automatic thing that pops up when I tell Fuelly that I've filled up the car. It was only half a tank but with 240 miles to go the next day, I wanted fuel in the car because I didn't know where the cheap petrol stations would be on the route.

11 - "Daft question - why would a work machine email browser need to support internet banking ? And who would be prepared to submit their login credentials to something with potential keylogging ..." We had a bulletin come round saying that the IE6 browser which we're forced to use at work would be updated to IE8. And they stated specifically that it would now support internet banking. I would never, EVER, trust my personal login credentials to a work machine. I just don't know how much key logging, data logging, packet monitoring is done. Just that monitoring does take place on the work internet connection. Besides, it's work. Internet banking is for home.

12 - "just spotted - Best Gaming CPUs with comment "only upgrade if there's 3 tiers now and new". My old cpu only just gets on the list ! (Athlon 64 X2-3800+ up to i5-2500k)". I've updated the link there as Tomshardware have updated their chart. Still a big leap from my old PC to the new one and the old one could still do a reasonable job on newer games like SWTOR, Mass Effect 2 and DXHR.

Last one : 13 - "some forum moderators should be shot for being dangerous ..." Oh yes. The public folders at work got shut down partly because some of the moderators allowed things to explode to a point where the Bosses took notice. This comment came up because one of the moderators on CT200hforum was putting on instructions that could lead to irreparable (expensive) damage to people's cars ... He put the "how to break it ?" instruction on and didn't include the "This WILL break the car" warnings.

I managed to resist putting a comment in about certain women being rated on : Number Of Cheezburgers Required To Look Healthy. I like curves ! This was from a Mall trip earlier where there were more than a few fashion victims limping around who had that hollow look and stilted walk that comes from extreme dieting. I wish women wouldn't do that to themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.