Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Simple Person's Daybook

Welcome back to blogging to Dawnie :-) (link's been added in the sidebar)

Thought I wouldn't put a post in tonight but Dawn's first one caught the eye so much I had to steal it :

Outside My Window :

Is more light. In the daytime at least. Because it's winter, all the leaves have fallen off the overgrowth out the back so the light can get in. Must clear it properly so I get light in the summer ...

I am thinking :


Bzzzzzzzz. I'm flicking between hyperactivity and hypoactivity at the moment. When I'm hyperactive, my thinking is usually going 3 times the speed of normal. Think hamster on coffee. I have to watch myself because I'm more prone to saying or doing something without thinking it through properly. Or I'll just trip up over myself and look like a stammering idiot. But I do like the hyperactivity, it usually comes from me doing something right.

I am thankful for :

Being in a great team (although its days are numbered) and on a great project. Really feel like we've achieved something with the work that's been put in. When times got hard, we pulled together and sorted things out. Despite the disruptive efforts of people outside the team. Our results shine for themselves, their silly questions got answered with "We got it right all along". We've been blessed with a consistent stream of committed professional people who have been awesome to know.

From the kitchen :

Is coming murmuring from the cupboards. It's the lemon minimuffins shouting "Eat me", competing with the Mini Eggs that are whispering "You know you wantit"

I am wearing :

Earlier - suit for work. Now it's white fleecey top over orange t-shirt with an alien type sticker with "Just visiting" on it. Thought that was apt. Finish that off with comfy trousers to let my leg get more healing air.

I am creating :

Same. Not a lot. Apart from mess. I'd like to build a kit car at some point but don't have the facilities to do it. I'll also need to keep my current car for a lot of years so I can afford one.

I am reading :

At home ? Not enough. I'm stalled on Game Of Thrones. When I get home from work, I'm not usually that interested in doing that much outside of websurfing. I guess the last story I went through was in the Deus Ex Human Revolution game. It's not a paper novel, it's probably more. There's as much story in there as some novels (more maybe) and you are at the centre of it instead of looking in from the outside.

At work, today I reviewed a System Requirements Document, which is more intense than reading a book as you need to put mental energy into making sure the document is right. If you don't, you have trouble buying what you want and what you get may not be what you wanted. I think my comments from today will help.

I am hoping :

That the darn car alarm won't go off again. It's gone off twice that I've noticed but not since I disabled the smart entry system. I also have other hopes that I'm going to tease people with by not saying what they are :-)

Around the house :

Is way too much clutter. I have a couple of essential maintenance jobs to do. I need to catch up with housework. And I need to have a massive clearout of all the rubbishy paper junk I have trouble letting go of.

I am looking forward to :

Silencing those minimuffins in the kitchen. And the next cakes that appear at work. Also the next Craziemob gathering. But most of all is seeing if I can persuade a Very Special Guest to join us for that next Craziemob gathering.

If I could change one thing, it would be :

Being so injury prone. I'm getting many reminders now of things broken in the past. I'd like to have a shoulder that's completely working instead of the broken one I do have. Apart from that, I wouldn't change the 2 relationships now gone or other "mistakes" as I've learned a lot from all of those experiences. And I think I've improved as a person through them. But I would like to have less underlying pain from shoulder, wrist, legs, back.

One of my favourite things :

My most favourite thing is making people smile. Hence one habit of writing nice things about people on here. Oh and running full speed such that the wind rustles past my ears. Must get back into cricket this year.

A few plans for the rest of the week :

Travelling this weekend but apart from that, not much. I'll chill out tomorrow, maybe get back in time from work on Friday to watch a little cricket.

3 comments:

  1. Awww, thanks for the shout out Pete :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Special Person?
    Something you should tell your #2mum? :-)
    And I love that you want to build a kit car. You want to ride along with the Much Beloved sometime - should be no problem.

    cq

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything for a friend Dawnie :-)

    "Something you should tell your #2mum?" Maybe. Although it's complicated.

    Kit car - would be fun :-) I was wondering if I'd bump into your MB at the Exeter show but the photo face memory didn't spot anything.

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.