Friday, January 27, 2012

SSDD

Grr.

As the Facebook status says :

"Think i've operated solely on fumes and self anger and loathing today. No breaks, bacon sarnie or lunch, just starting to get hungry. Home time."

I get really cranky when I'm hungry. And the reason for the self anger and loathing is self inflicted. Plan for today was to get in early for a meeting and then use the flexi credit to head off early to watch live cricket. Didn't happen that way.

Grr.

But - the stuff done today will lay the groundwork for stuff later (need to do something fast on Monday though to cut a bit of time out of how long a different job will take).

Stopping later means I don't watch live cricket but I'll have the highlights on later after an episode of A Town Called Eureka (great series). That's probably a +.

Working at 120% means I got stuff done but I completely forgot to get lunch (missed breakfast bacon as a self-punishment) which I'll pay for later when I travel.

Need to make sure my head's right for the travelling later. If I'm still angry at myself then I could well be a danger to others. Certain checks I have as part of "ME" get bypassed when I drive. I'm sure everyone can relate to that due to how instinctive you need to be while driving because of all the other idiots on the roads.

I'm my own worst enemy and my own worst critic although, unless I go to that instinctive level of operating, no one else will be allowed to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.