Friday, January 13, 2012

Music weekend

Just over a year ago, I thought the iTunes library had gotten a little too old. One way I decide what I listen to is what I've listened to least ... And because some stuff had got into the library donkeys year ago, it was getting to be a while between listening to some of the best tracks in there.

I get bored of some stuff really easily ... That's a drawback of having the kind of memory I have. So I vary what I listen to by queueing up albums from the Longest Since Played list and the Least Played list. The next two albums I listen to will be a Simon & Garfunkel collection followed by Whatever by Aimee Mann. Apart from a pair of new Doctor Who soundtrack cd's, I've listened to everything in the library at least twice since resetting all the play counts last year.

What's got the most repeat listens so far ? One rule here - only one track per artist or group. And I'm picking my favourites. Cos I can :-) Youtube links where I can find 'em like usual :

1 - Cardigans with In The Round. Absolutely, totally, utterly love this track. This one is in the lead with 18 plays and a few more of their's are in the Most Played list too. 03.45am No Sleep is particularly special. This is the best though and will always get me joining in, no matter who's around to hear (before the run away screaming part).

2 - All About Eve with Apple Tree Man (strange video...). This one somehow hasn't managed to get in the Most Played (needs 13 and has 12) but it's better than the one that did (Devil Woman cover).

3 - Dire Straits with Expresso Love. It's the guitar intro (Knopfler is a god) combining with the piano that makes this track special. 17 plays for this one.

4 - Bunnies ! The video to What's A Girl To Do by Bat For Lashes has about 800,000 views on YT. At least 1% of those will be from me & my sister, we are firmly under the spell of Natasha Khan.

5 - Goldfrapp's Eat Yourself is in there with 15 plays but I actually prefer the Live Lounge cover of It's Not Over Yet. But I don't think that's written by Goldfrapp so I'll link Utopia instead. That voice is incredible (too good for laptop speakers he says adding it to the iTunes DJ queue) and to show it off so well live is making me want to check if they have any local tour dates coming soon.

6 - Has Edie Brickell for One Last Time but the YT of that doesn't work. I've linked No Dinero far too many times so here's another one off the excellent Stranger Things album : Buffalo Ghost.

7 - Always had a soft spot for Kate Bush, although that's for the early stuff. Not so keen on the new stuff. But when Don't Push Your Foot On The Heartbrake came on iTunesDJ, I just had to follow it with Oh England My Lionheart too. And it's one I can sing along to as well ! (When my voice is happier than it is at the moment)

8 - Oh yes. From one incredible lady singer to an incredible lady artist : KT Tunstall with That live version of Black Horse & The Cherry Tree.

9 - Michelle Shocked is in the library at 9 with Memories Of East Texas but I'm linking something more Bloggy : Anchorage.

And last one for today (gotta leave some !) :

10 - Has Norah Jones with Man Of The Hour but I've linked that a few times too. Don't Know Why it can't be something that's a little ... different ... this time. Magic with added puppets.

10 songs is enough for one post. Saving some for later. Songs like Set The Fire To The Third Bar, The Incidentals but All I Need right now with the weather gone chilly is a little California Dreamin' (Buffy's on).

PS The iTunes library doesn't know about the late night karaoke sessions where I dial up the favourite songs on Youtube for a bit of singing along to. That kind of thing is a "Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid". Muahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.