Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Picture Wednesday - what a view

The computery thing that has my attention at the moment is Deus Ex Human Revolution. It's a pretty new A List game that came out last year. It looks awesome.

Just look at the view :


I was heading up to Upper Hengsha from Lower Hengsha and caught sight of that out of the window. That's a cheat though as what's outside the window isn't as dynamic (doesn't change) as the environments you play in so not as much computer work is needed. But that doesn't change the fact that pooters have improved considerably from the early days of 3d cards ... Back then that stunning vista would have been blurred out by fog to hide the lack of detail.

I have to admit that I'm getting considerable enjoyment out of this game. Some of my regulars feel like a grind. I enjoy Moo2, MoM and Settlers IV but the Big Fun of those happens just for a fraction of the time you play them for. This one, it maintains an excellent pace keeping the action going along with a decent storyline. I'm glad I waited before playing it though, as the lack of grunt from my last PC would have marred the experience.

The writers have a sense of humour too :


Wasn't me ! Honest guv.

(click piccys for something closer to the original full 1080p goodness)

2 comments:

  1. Aye, the view looks amazing!! It is incredible what they can do now! hugs Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gameplay is outstanding as well - really enjoying the stealthy play :-)

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.