Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Quality reporting

There's a few constants in this world :

Death,
Massive complaining when it's cold,
Taxes,
Bad driving in Bristol,
Massive complaining when it's warm,
And shockingly bad reporting from the news agencies.

If you ever find yourself believing anything the news people say, remember this pic :
Yep. I'm raiding Facebook again.

Oh and women aren't just people too, they're their own special brand of awesome. And I'm including the (possible Russian honeypot hunter) young lady who was part of a pack of UWE people heading into Sainsburys. Why the mention ? Well, she spotted me before crossing the road bits into Sainsburys, the eyes caught and I got a "Hi" and a wave on her way past.

Me being in disbelief of course for getting attention from a pretty young lady.

It's highly unlikely that I'll see this particular pretty young lady again but it put a huge smile on my face as I was on the bus on the way back. Coulda been the hat actually. After feeling my brains baking yesterday under my dark green hat, today was day 1 of the Ashes hat :
I like my hats. They hide my hair, which misbehaves literally at the drop of a errrm ... hat.

Back on topic back on topic !

Yeah. Our news people aren't that interested in telling the truth. What makes it worse is that if they don't know something, the "expert" correspondents will just make something up. I occasionally see stuff on the news that's directly related to the field I work in. And I'll often get the urge to throw something at the telly because of how wrong they get it. I've seen the expert guessing thing a few times. It's not just lies, it can be very dangerous lies.

Remember with the news that they're interested in their bottom line. The cash. The circulation. And sometimes the best way to do that is to make news. Like finding something with a bit of controversy and pulling at just the right thread to get the most attention.

I'm going into a bit of dark place there though, so :

Three cheers for Virginia Wade ! Our last winner at Wimbledon and unlike the other, within living memory for me at least. Although I didn't know much about it seeing as I was 2 years old at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.