Friday, June 06, 2008

Wear and tear

I'm starting to feel a little worn down again. I reckon I'm like a lantern. I can burn bright and hot but when the fuel runs out, I'm in trouble. Think I may need a week off soon to recharge. The tiredness tends to manifest itself in my legs, which have lots of muscle but that muscle can also be tough to get moving if I don't have the energy to power them.

There's a few things around here that are showing the effects of wear and tear. The car was one of them and the swapping for a newer, bigger, more powerful (and more CO2 producing, more gas guzzling, more awkward to manoeuvre!) one has dominated my Blog over the past week or so. So nuff said there, apart from me being very curious about Carmi's Thematic Photos that he's looking to start up. Somehow, I'm not seeing a picture of Yet Another Focus Box as a sexy photo though :-)

There's various things around the house that are suffering from wear and tear. My windows could do with repainting (or replacing for double glazing) because the paint is wearing off. I'm half sure that the wearing paint is due to outside influence, which is another reason why I don't want TaxDodging NotTooHonest IrishGuy to do them.

Had to replace the graphics card in my PC last night due to wear and tear. Something's happened to it that means it idles around 75 degrees C and goes up to a scorching 105-110 degrees C when I'm in games. So when I fire up Warcraft, after a few minutes the card gets to temperature and the picture starts flickering as it dials back how fast it's going. I could live with that but on Wednesday, the problem progressed to the machine going through a shutdown every half hour or so. Kinda distracting :-)

So I have the older graphics card back in there now, after a bit of the contortionist act. There's not much room between desk and back of sofa where my PC lives and I didn't want to bring it all the way out which means more contortions to sort the cables out. So a card swap and apparently problem fixed without spending money - which is always good :-)

Back to the cricket now and James Anderson is making his case for Man of the Match already :-) He carded his highest batting score so far for England earlier and has taken all 5 of the New Zealand wickets to fall so far.

4 comments:

  1. "So nuff said there, apart from me being very curious about Carmi's Thematic Photos that he's looking to start up. Somehow, I'm not seeing a picture of Yet Another Focus Box as a sexy photo though :-)"

    If I can make a Yaris sexy, you can do the same with a Focus :-) I'll post more Yaris photos this week. Anything can be done if you frame it just so.

    And the Euro-spec Focus is a pretty neat car. Really. I'd kill to have it here in Canada. Instead, we're stuck with the same one they've been selling since 1999.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [chuckle] I have these grand ideas of Photoshopping in an overlay of a wolf, leopard, cheetah or other predator type critter ...

    In a Wolf In Sheep's Clothing type theme :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. will you be getting some time off any time soon?

    I'm yearning for a break but it ain't gonna happen in the near future.

    I relate to the weary feeling and Lord knows you're younger and in better shape than I am

    so take heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll probably go until the end of the month and then skive for a week :-) I'm reasonably fortunate in having fairly free choice in when I grab time off. Although I do try to avoid having time off in hectic periods. Timing it to avoid the rush times helps to keep me going when things do get frantic.

    Gives me something to look forward to :-)

    PS Younger and dafter :-)

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.