Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Peace and motion

Had a couple of things to acquire for this weekend, so I hit the Mall again tonight. It's full Summer now and the usual suspects are out on the prowl. There's a few types there :

The ones who are gorgeous without really thinking about it. They have an unconscious natural grace that shows in everything they do. (Miss L has this)
There's the jailbait ... and that one word probably says it all there !
Cheeseburger Girls. And that's not because they've had too many, it's because it would do them a favour if you frogmarched them to the local fattyfood store to get them a cheeseburger.
Look At Me Girls. Otherwise known as the "I'm trying really hard to get stared at" people. I'd put young men in muscle shirts in this sterotype as well.

There was a Look At Me Girl at the Mall tonight, probably a lot more that I filtered out but this one was particularly noticeable. She was wearing something that probably would have embarassed an Olympic gymnast, although you definitely wouldn't have wanted to have been swinging around the asymmetric parallel bars in that. You'd be arrested. Anyway - the Look At Me Girl. You can usually spot them as the ones desperately trying to stand out from the crowd, by any means necessary. And that "trying too hard" thing tends to put me off.

Just in the middle of watching a couple of NCIS episodes and Pauley Perrette who plays Abby Sciuto (imdb link) kinda fits into the unconscious grace category as well as Jailbait. And she's 39 ! According to IMDB that is. I don't believe it.

Right - much more talking about the girls at the Mall and I'll be needing a cold shower. Which will be a good idea anyhow because it's getting uncomfortable for Brits who complain at mild heat just as easily as they'll complain at snow :-)

Did I mention anywhere that I like air conditioning ? I only have it in the car but I wouldn't acquire a car that doesn't have it now.

Where's the title for today's entry come from ? I have a fairly chaotic, yet ordered, mind that finds it difficult to relax without a fresh neuron firing off pointing me in another direction. Strangely, I find it peaceful sitting in the open in the food court munching something (ok - a KFC!) while watching the people go by. The general murmur of the crowd helps to keep all those chaotic neurons quiet and I can slow down my brain and get a break from thinking/ watching/ listening to several different things at once.

Peace today - Motion tomorrow. Badminton again :-)

I'm currently managing a session every fortnight, as I have a habit of breaking things by pushing too hard, too early. However, I was very pleased last session as I went straight into putting the new serve in action. And it was a nasty one too - accurate and very repeatable, even from absolutely no practice too. Apart from a bit of mental preparation that is. I have a partially photographic memory, which allows me to replay what I've done and attempt to build new ways of doing things by visualising the movements in my head. What I'd love to know is whether the picture in my head matches up to what would be on a video camera :-)

That's a little too much rambling from me tonight - here's to Unconscious Grace and a little bit of peace amongst the chaotic world we live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.