Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thursday Thirteen - random :)

Not done one of these for a while, partly cos I couldn't think of a theme ... Time for some random thoughts :-)


Thirteen Random Things

1.... Graeme Hick at 42 is still great fun to watch. Currently got the Glos. vs Worcestershire Twenty20 game on and I'm thoroughly on the old guy's side.
2.... Pizza has to be my all time favourite food.
3.... From the showing in badminton last night, mebbe I've had too many ;-)
4.... The tendency to "Less is More" is a very good thing.
5.... Kinda wondering if the fuel protest due tomorrow will interfere with me doing a long drive to mum & dad.
6.... Overcomplicating things tends to spoil it due to the complexity getting in the way. I'm a fan of the Keep It Simple Stupid principle.
7.... You can "save" heaps of cash on special offers but you're still going to end up lighter in the pocket than if you avoided the offer ...
8.... Popcorn is also on that list of favourite foods.
9.... Sometimes pure talent doesn't get you to the top of your sport ... but it definitely helps ! Thinking of Vikram Solanki and Graeme Hick above, who have lots of talent but never cemented their places in the England side.
10.. I definitely play too much Warcraft ! My new main character is now on level 58 after just 6 weeks.
11.. Team stuff is a lot more fun if you enjoy the people around. That goes for work as well as play ... Was with a badminton player last night who poached far too much and then blamed his partner for not going for what he left.
12.. MUAHAHA ! Cricket again. New batsman in, bowler brings in the field, ball gets bowled and a few seconds later they're fetching it from outside the stadium.
13.. I was That Close to wearing a white shirt with my pizza tonight ! That's always too much of a temptation for fate ... Especially if that white shirt just came off the drying rail.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



5 comments:

  1. 'Less is More' and 'Keep it Simple' along with pizza and popcorn and a wry sense of humor.

    You Rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol - I'm a confidence person ... I need the confidence to enable me to do stuff ;-)

    And it's replies like your's that really boost that confidence :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely never wear white for precisely that reason. Somehow it always ends up dirty no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My cricket whites still have a slight grass stain on the knees ...

    Lost count how many times they've been washed since I played last !

    ReplyDelete
  5. White is a target for getting dirty easily!

    Michele sent me.

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.