Saturday, June 21, 2008

Friday Fill-ins

Almost missed this one again ! Find the original Friday Fill-ins post here for links to more people.

1. A smile is something to be gladly given, returned with interest and treasured.
2. D&D, (although it can only loosely be called a board game!) is my favorite board or card game.
3. I would love to have more companionship in my life and less of the old bones telling me what I can't do.
4. When I think of the Summer Solstice, I think of how many times I've missed the sunrise due to being dead to the world :-).
5. I just remembered I need to acquire a personal slave to do my washing up and other cleaning for me.
6. One of my favorite song lyrics goes like this: "All the leaves are brown, and the sky is grey ... I went for a walk, on a winter's day ... I'd be safe and warm, if I was in LA ... California Dreamin', on such a winter's day" - but sung by Siobhan Maher of River City People.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to watching telly cricket ! (well - watched one game with close finish, other one was rained off, so I watched Narnia instead), tomorrow my plans include watching more cricket ! (and Doctor Who) and Sunday, I want to chill out, relax, recharge, eat a proper meal !

In case you're wondering why I say River City People instead of the more well known Beach Boys version of the Mamas and the Papas song, here's a Youtube link to the River City People version. The band is great and Siobhan Maher looks fantastic as the glamour as well as having an amazing voice. There's two albums, Say Something Good has California Dreamin' on it which isn't actually the best song on the album. The second album is This Is The World.

PS Their "Act Like A Child" song from This Is The World is the current song to be running around in my head. Tis Great ! I love that song.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the visit and the Birthday Wishes...It is much appreciated!
    I actually liked The Mamas & Poppas version of that song, but I am not familiar with the group you mention. I will go and take-a-listen, Right Now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers! I especially loved your answer to #1! Have a great wkend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to see more sunrises, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I like the River City People!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot how much I liked them :-) Their two albums were for far too long not included in my iTunes collection ... Currently listening to Que Sera off Chris Rea's Dancing With Strangers. That's only just been added to the collection too.

    TBB - I might well see a sunshine this coming morning ... Cos the baseball's on and I'm not working tomorrow :-) (late night coming ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your answers to #s 3 and 5 :-) Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.