Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The Awful Truth

I've found out an Awful Truth about my new car ... Let's start by quoting a definition from Urban Dictionary :


dagenham dustbin

A British Ford car. Dagenham, in the county of Essex, east of London, is the best known Ford factory in the UK. Indeed it is the supposed powerhouse of the whole culture known (in the UK at least) as "Essex", a working class culture characterised as having more money than taste. Dagenham dustbins are the cars assumed to be built there there.
Let's just say Dagenham Dustbin is a derogatory term used to put people down who own Fords.

So how does this relate to my new buggy, outside of it being a Ford ? This is from the Service History book and is how I learned The Awful Truth :



Yes - my new car Is ... A Dagenham Dustbin.

Lol - I'm impressed with it so far anyway. I don't feel as "connected" to it as much as I did with the Puma but so far, everything I've asked it to do so far has been accomplished with effortless ease. I'll have to wait about 10 days until the real handling test comes (the drive up to my mum's and dad's) but it's taken the roundabouts here without noticing them, plus it's nicely smoothed out all the ruts and bumps in the surface of Avonmouth Bridge that got your teeth shaking in the Puma.

2 comments:

  1. Labels do nothing but divide us as cars ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh heh heh - my last car was one of those called a "Hairdresser's Car". I get the feeling if a car is in any way special, then other people will try a bit of gentle mickey taking.

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.