Sunday, April 30, 2006

Another long absence ?

Yep, I've been getting out of the habit of updating this blog again :-(. I think I've been seduced by the lure of Godzilla's graphics a little too much. I've been enjoying the computer upgrade a little more than is healthy :-). So what have I been up to ?

Starting from Saturday, this was when I started doing some serious PC installation. I'd figured out what was up with Godzilla and was starting to put the software on that it needs. Which involves having 2 computers side by side talking to each other. That lasted until Sunday, when I took the plunge and switched my main machine over to being Godzilla. Still not quite got everything transferred over yet, I still have all my email archives on Guilmon.

I took the plunge after having a bit of a look at Oblivion (gorgeous looking game) before going back to Guilmon for World of Warcraft on Saturday evening. WoW hit Godzilla on Sunday though and what a difference ... Turning up all the pretty options meant that the fuzzy, drab textures I'd been looking at turned into pixel sharp, ornate and rather decorative outfits. And footsteps ! First time I heard the pitter patter of little troll feet, I was wondering what was going on ... Never knew the running footsteps of the characters was even in the game.

Back to work on Monday. Snore. But that means I get doing stuff that's productive, instead of being lazy playing games all day. Which can't be bad. What am I saying ? More time off work please.

Been out and about around the various raids too ... and I've been watching with interest the various politics that have been building up again around Guildlink. We've gotten too big for our own good there and we're effectively splitting in two, in order to get people raiding with each other consistently. People have been applying to one or the other raiding groups over the latter half of the week. We've had the expected people going to one group or the other but we've also had people showing the bad side of human nature by saying things like "I've been raiding with you guys for months", which is a blatant lie because the DKP page (relates directly to amount of raid time) shows they haven't. And they still expect to get into the experienced team ? I dunno ...

Bah ... politics. I think I've made Sarai mad at me because I've exposed one of her guild people for being one of the more stupid and ignorant members of Guildlink ... Ignorant in terms of not following the rules that we set out and generally being out for himself, which we can't have in a team effort. I didn't actually expose his stupidity, he does that for himself by continually doing stuff like running into the wrong place. I haven't actually named the guy in public, outside of raids, but I think that time will come if he doesn't take the hint and smarten his attitude. But his guild leader, Sarai, knows exactly who I mean.

Thursday - another indoor cricket match. Score was 108 to 75 in favour of us and from the moment we started batting (we batted second), the result was never in doubt. We had decent bowling, whereas the other team struggled there. We never had to push too hard and could just gently accumulate the runs. I got a couple of catches behind the stumps but should really have got a couple more. I like to have perfect games ;-).

Friday, I've come back to my parents' place. Unfortunately (or otherwise), I only got greeted by the one dog as Goldie is now in a place free from the pain he must have been suffering due to the problems with his back end. He'll now be chasing bonios amongst the clouds, with a happy willing slave to throw them around for him. Ben's a bit down ... he's a little quieter than usual and more in need of human company than he was before. He'll be ok though. He's quieter but still a happy little puppy. He misses his big bro though. Don't we all ;-).

Saturday ... I have less hair this evening than I had this morning. My dad's gone for broadband, so we played a little on that last night. Today, it came to converting to a wireless network. ARRRGGGG ! I remember why I distrust wireless and like wires. It seems to be behaving now but it took a huge amount of tweaking to get the modem to talk to the internet and for the computer to talk to the modem through the air. Seems more reliable now though. I'll know when I hit the Publish button whether it's stayed on air. Drawn a blank on the laptop though, it's Windows 98 only and needs to be Win98se. Spectacular blue screens on bootup greeted attempts to get it talking to the wireless kit. Ouch ! So we'll fix that over the next few weeks.

Sleep time now, hopefully Sarai will realise she needs to get angry at her guild person instead of me and actually start to value my opinions on stuff ... (I've been feeling very ignored again of late, although I have managed to get her nattering once or twice).

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.