Monday, April 03, 2006

Into the Core ...

We took Guildlink into the Molten Core again today ... but with a difference !

Because things had reset when they weren't really supposed to, we couldn't make the attempt on the big fiery fella Ragnaros like we wanted to. So we took a beginners group in to get more people some experience in there. Which included me ... I took in Bashara as the second main tank. Big responsibility ... I learned stuff too.

How did we do ? Not too bad. I saw some things that I'd never appreciated before, mainly that the tanks get bounced around a bit again. Bashara is only a slip of a troll, so she gets bounced a fair amount. I was the first one to die - my own fault really, I dragged the giant back to where the healers had to be on top of the second mob in order to be in range of healing me. My bad.

We steadily made our way through to the first boss, Lucifron. Took us about 3 attempts here, which was what it took to get the decursing and dispelling sorted out. Also needed a crash course in how to keep Lucifron's guards attention as my job here was to look after one of those while people hit it. Didn't do as well on that as I'd like. But we still got the snakey guy tamed.

Next step, core hound packs - I learned something else here - you need to hit your mob to keep it ! Was pulling the mob off someone else who started the combat, so I needed to manually start hitting after taunting in order to get the rage I needed to keep the mob on me.

After that, the big dawg Magmadar, who makes everyone run away roughly every 30 seconds. So the job of the tanks is to make sure they are ready for that with an ability that stops them running away. We struggled on that early but pretty much had it cracked on the attempt where we took him out. And the big dawg Magmadar is a boss that's given us an awful lot of trouble in the past ...

We didn't take out any more bosses than that, people needed to start leaving. Hell, I'm pretty tired too after being in tank mode for 3 hours ... We did good in there though. Good enough to get two bosses tamed :-) And good enough to truly earn the loot that they had on them.

We'll be back in a few days, not sure if I'll be tanking again but I hope so. I have a lot to learn and the best way to learn is by doing. Need some better gear for my warrior though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.