Friday, April 14, 2006

Yesterday

First half of yesterday was pretty darn great. We started with having munchies with the Crazies in Bella Italia, which was eventful ... but still fun. And the pasta didn't touch the sides. Then it was bowling, probably a good job we only had one game because a lot of us were struggling towards the end. I think staying for two and going for the later showing of Ice Age 2 may have been too much ...

But - staying for that later showing would have meant I'd have missed one of the worse raids for quite a while ... Ice Age 2 was ok but not as good as the first. It had its moments but the story thread that held Ice Age together wasn't nearly as strong in this one.

To the raid ! I'm commenting here because I don't dare comment on the Guildlink website, although I have put in some oblique comments in a different thread. Anyway, instead of commenting in the review thread like I always do, I put those comments in the other thread, which lets people know that I was around to comment. Why didn't I enjoy it like I should have ?

We were very late starting and the raid leader was very slow in getting in replacements for the 7 who didn't bother turning up. That delay will be why we didn't get a chance to look at that second boss. Hopefully those 7 will not be invited on raids in the near future. It's already happened with the people who didn't turn up to the Monday and Tuesday raids.

Group selection was bad. Classes that should be together so they can help each other were spread out and the groups just didn't make much real sense. The raid leader even forgot at one point how many tanks we had in the raid group. I know pressure can do that sort of thing, maybe it's why he didn't have me as one of the original main tanks.

We were very, very slow in making our way through. So slow, that we got caught badly by the Core hounds that reappear rather quickly. Tanking was not confident enough and was being hampered by other warriors interfering with the tanks. Thankfully, for the first part of the raid, I wasn't tanking so I didn't get chance to be irritated by that. Still, the tanking was poor and caused problems for the raid group. It made me ruefully smile though when one of the various Guild Leaders we have whispered me to say that I should be tanking as the others aren't really wanting to do so. And that they liked me tanking.

I got to tank at the end though (which is what I sign up for!), I got moved up to Main Tank 2 and I haven't got a clue how the other tank felt about being demoted. Well, he wasn't doing his job too well and wasn't keeping an eye on mobs that he should have been keeping an eye on.

Despite what the various crawlers and bottom lickers say though, only getting at the one boss was a pretty poor show, we should have had at least a look at the big puppy Magmadar. I think we had a case of a raid leader taking the easy way out there to let him avoid any more leadership of the raid. I dread to think what will happen tonight, as I don't think there are any warriors there who have practice at taking on the big puppy. There's a special tactic there that just isn't done outside that fight.

Oh yeah - the arse licking from various people also irritates me. But at least by coming out and embarassing themselves like that, they've exposed that part of their nature. I hate arse lickers. They make people bad at stuff look good.

I feel better now. I've got some of the comments out that I needed to and I've got them out where it won't cause that many explosions. Maybe I'll comment sometime on the Guildlink forum, depends whether someone's arse licking (or otherwise) comment sparks a reply.

1 comment:

  1. HAppy Easter, darling....

    and don't eat all those eggs at once!!

    btw - you missed an excellent blogparty the other night :-))

    cq

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.