Monday, March 03, 2008

Seven is a magic number ?

Just finished watching Seven Swords. We had the pleasure of watching this at the cinema a couple of years ago and it's still pretty good now. It's definitely one of the better martial arts type films to come out for the past few years, although it doesn't have the visual style of House of Flying Daggers. It's taken a bit of time to come onto Sky and dvd though.


Could well be a quiet week this one, NZ vs England test match starts tomorrow, so I could well be getting quite a decent amount of reading in while falling asleep to the cricket. Which won't be a bad thing because I seem to have slipped back into a low energy mode. I switch between being hyperactive and what could probably be described as hypo-active.

I always struggle to understand the lack of energy, as I usually spot the signs early and go for countermeasures :-). Countermeasures that usually involve caffeine and other things that are laden with energy but also extremely bad for you. I've eaten enough to keep me going today but I'm still in the low energy mode. Must be all the driving over the weekend, although those countermeasures will cause problems of their own due to me crashing after the glucose boost has worn off.

I've gotten used to my high energy/low energy cycles. I've learned to enjoy the hyperactive sessions when I get them, it can be a rush as long as I don't get carried away, forget myself and upset the wrong people by not thinking what I'm saying or doing. The low energy times are tougher, because I have less energy available to kick me back into being active. Kinda like a vicious circle ... However, I'm learning a few tricks to give me a mental incentive to get back to a more active mode :-)

PS Starting to get twitchier again already - talking about problems and talking through them can help to get you on the way to solving those problems. Which has been the most useful thing about this blog :-) Plus there's also knowing that I've made a special couple of people very happy this weekend :-)

3 comments:

  1. Erm - this was kinda supposed to be mentioning films like Seven Samurai and The Magnificent Seven.

    But I got distracted ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there sleepypete :)

    glad you got distracted since I completely relate to the energy flow - I've found just going outside and walking around a bit helps a lot.

    I'm not big on martial arts so I wouldn't have known what to say if you had stopped there - see - everything for a reason.

    I came over from craziequeen's place - uh - palace :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way the site I work on is built is to organise the buildings into 4 groups. To get my lunch, I could just go down to the canteen in the building group I'm in but I like to head over to the next one instead ...

    The people who work in the next one have caught my grin, which makes me grin more when I see them smile :-) Plus the walk over there and the fresh air will do me a lot of good.

    Must get playing cricket again so I can satisfy the need for fresh air :-)

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.