Friday, March 20, 2020

Scavenger Hunting

I acquired supplies today !

Normally that doesn't merit a headline but these are odd times we are living in.
Yeah, it's a bit modest but I'm not going to be panic buying far more than I am ever likely to use or even be able to store. My fridge is actually nigh on full at the moment.

I'm planning to be doing a fair bit of working at home over the next few weeks, which started on Wednesday. I was in today but to be honest, because most people are working at home, it was almost like an extension of the work at home isolation. I suspect there may actually have been less people per square metre than there are around me at the moment at home. (They're just in the houses of the neighbourhood, safely isolated from each other).

Anyway, Tuesday saw me do a little bit of stocking up and the Horde had already gotten there before me. Most of the shelves had been emptied and not just of the headline stuff like toilet roll, I was surprised that items like multivitamins, milk and chips had disappeared too. And lots more too. There weren't any iced buns either. Or chicken and mushroom pastry thingys. I like those. The things in the picture above were things I wanted to acquire on Tuesday but had been cleared out. Or they are things I don't usually keep in the house (bread and milk) but the being at home thing calls for them now. They had 4 pint milk things too but I didn't think I'd use all that. Responsible hoarding !

Things have hopefully settled down a bit since then, or people have already completed their panic buying sprees and are now locking themselves away. (They aren't locking themselves away - as demonstrated on mainland Europe where draconian measures are being introduced).

I could say rather a lot about the situations occurring at the moment but I suspect you don't want me joining in with that, you'll be seeing it pretty much everywhere you look at the moment.

As far as it goes for me though :

I have supplies;
I can work at home very easily;
I haven't shown any symptoms (although I am suffering from allergies and dust!);
And I'm more scared of passing on anything I get than I am of the Thing itself.

The dust inhalation is partly due to :
Hello thing. Thing is on the way, although it's an older model Technic set which means that instead of going through a numbered sequence of bags, all of the bits are in all of the bags and you have to dive through them all looking for the bit you want. I do like Lego but it seems to kick the dust up when I do it.

It has suspension, steering and a rear drive at the moment, engine might well go in next.

I know what you're thinking there - there's an easy fix to there being too much dust in the house :-D.

I've also been doing the Internet Spaceship thing again :
Black hole !
More black hole !
Doughnut aisle that got too close to a black hole !

Apparently the Horde does not have a taste for custard doughnuts.
And a little isolation in the internet spaceship. I'm getting close to civilisation again there, only about 25k light years to go and quite a few waypoints with pretty things at them.

Be well everyone :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.