Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Dragon Racing

Firstly, before I dive in too much ... this was originally going to be a set up for my traditional April 1st daftness but I'm going to skip that this year.

Too much going on. Plus part of the story was going to include "So while I was in isolation ..." Hopefully next year for daftness again.

The dwagons have been busy !
What could it be ? Oh and as always, click for bigger.
As always, it's a humble beginning. This is the back of the vehicle, with a differential gear and independent suspension.
We add on the chassis frame, plus there's the front mechanical bits waiting to go on.
There we go. The sills went on at this point as well. The various Lego Technic mechanical bits are pretty well packaged and (disclosure note - kit bought on sale, not provided by company) they operate nice and freely with very little resistance. That's one thing about Lego Technic, it's expensive but the moving parts work and move very nicely.
There's another look from the front end.
Every race car needs an engine and here we have a traditional Porsche Flat 6. It's a fun thing that the building blocks can be set up either flat like this, or in a V as for the Le Mans car.
Someone suddenly gets interested as the steering wheel goes on.
Tuning up the engine.
With the mechanicals complete, construction moves on to the body with one side completed.
And the other side. The car has working doors too. (And I need to tidy up the stuff that's been hidden!)
I thought I'd try something there. That's actually the car (bit of a topless convertible at this point!) on my chair, pointing upwards and I'm holding the camera looking down at it. I think it actually worked :-D.
From a more traditional angle.

A little later and it's time to :
Make an inspection.
Looks quick.
Sounds quick. (Something was making brum brum zoom zoom noises).
Can we take it for a test drive ?
Go on little fella, try it out.
I do hope he can see over the steering wheel.

There we go. Happy smile.
Last one.

I tried some different photo techniques for the final pictures too. I still had a little daylight to help out, plus they were taken on my bed upstairs, using the sheet as the backdrop. Most of them are in natural light plus my rather yellowish (energy saving) room light but that last one had me holding a torch in one hand and camera in the other. Think it worked ?

I hope you enjoyed this post. I've enjoyed tapping the buttons to make it happen. I'm glad/relieved that I've abandoned the April Fools idea for this year, I don't think my heart would have been in it as I'd have been typing. It's not the right time.

But I have been chuckling at putting some of those words around the pictures.

Be well everyone, stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.