Monday, March 23, 2020

And then there was purple

So you've seen the news by now probably ...

GB effectively on lockdown, mostly due to the attitude of the Nutter Brigade who took yesterday's sunshine as an excuse to get out and about and the response is the most stringent restrictions on movement in this country in living memory.

I'll be ok. I have food for at least a week, we're still allowed to go shopping for food and I'll top up after a few days. I'm expecting the shops to be absolute mayhem tomorrow with another wave of panic buying. Nobody wants to be a part of that. Oh wait, Nutter Brigade will be out in force.

I'll be working from home for the forseeable future too. That's ok too although it's going to have an impact on what I'll be doing.

Enough of that though. I was going to add in a jokey thumbnail pic but I don't feel like this is really a joking matter any more. Despite what it might seem from the last few paragraphs, my mood is ok. I have a bunch of people who I can natter to about all this stuff, I can get on with Stuff, I have way too many books and dvds to keep my attention and I was happily going WOOOOW at the internet spaceships today ... The acid above is more a case of "I'm not mad, I'm just very, very disappointed."

Internet spaceships ! I left things yesterday on a planet with a dim sun on the horizon ... Check out how I ended up today :
Beautiful right ?

That's an Imperial Cutter named Tiamat's Chariot and I'll be finishing this route of astronomical shiny places to visit in that ship. There will be some amazing pictures to come I'm sure.
Found a ginger planet along the way too.
Went through a small nebula area ...
And then I was close enough to the populated areas and their shipyards to trade up the ship. She is really shiny isn't she ?
On the way out of the station for the first time there.

She's a pretty one but a big lumbering beastie too. Definitely not one to be going around the galaxy in either but the rest of this exploration trip is all short trips, which should be all good and then the beastie gets refitted as a heavily armed trading ship, taking supplies wherever they're needed.

That's it for tonight I think. I've vented about the new measures. I don't like 'em but the Nutter Brigade has made it happen.

Internet spaceships can be super pretty and super shiny.

Stay safe out there, be well and if anyone reading this is due to work in a food shop over the next few days, I don't envy you one bit. I hope you get the protection that I think you'll need.

See you all later in the week. Virtually :-D

2 comments:

  1. Not to sound too oblivious here, but are the spaceships shots from a game? RDR2 has claimed most of my gaming attention for the last year, so I can't even guess what SF titles are popular right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there ! The screenshots are from Elite Dangerous. Hope you're enjoying RDR2 :-)

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.