Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Save the universe !

Get foiled by Amazons !

Random thoughts today cos my mind is everywhere and nowhere ...

I was hoping to get some concentrated Saving Of The Universe in this weekend with a new game called Mass Effect 3 (yes, you may have caught that there's two bits of controversy on this one ...) which I'd preordered months ago from Amazon. You'd have thought they'd be able to deliver on release day but it's only just come through today. Bit meh. And that's deja vu from when Mass Effect 2 was released, with that one I cancelled the preorder and got it from Asda on release day after Amazon failed to fulfill the order.

Saving the world could wait though :

Very tired right now and the stress level is approaching the limit of what I can successfully suppress. March is a tricky month for me, as I've usually had a break before now. It's the length of time between the Xmas break and the Easter break that gets me. Possibly a bit of Seasonally Affective Disorder as well coming into play.

So if I'm snappy right now and not as focused as I should be, that's why. Same for absentmindedness. Confidence has gone low too, so my latent hyperactivity is not burning through that stress as much as it should.

The stress is also why I'm struggling physically as well now. I have full agility (hips are very stiff but they'll live) despite my back telling me it's as stiff as hardwood. Just need that spark, motivation, reason to unlock the energy again. And that's where I depend on doing stuff for other people. Thinking I've helped or cheered someone else up puts that grin back on me and lets me jump into the fray again.

Musicy stuff -

Been expanding the library again. Latest arrivals are Sheryl Crow, Mindy Gledhill (Anchor is a very Happy album), Norah Jones (awesome singer), Maroon 5 (I want da Moves Like Jagger), Katie Melua, Duffy, Tori Amos and the 2001 soundtrack. Definitely enjoying the music ...

... but I'm considering spending cash on another amplifier. Bit daft really, as the current one functions. It's just annoying with the bad HDMI connectivity (Onkyo problem). Let's just say a visit to Richer Sounds for a stand for my bits might end up being more expensive than it ought ...

Loo stuff - I'm still likely to need to do a replacement but I have acquired a secret weapon ... The only question I have now is being able to lift the bits. Porcelain isn't light. One person job too because the access is very tight.

Weight n stuff - very happy here. I've lost almost a stone now, although that has stabilised. I've got used to a different discipline in how I eat and how I snack. Not had cookies in the afternoon at work for a while. It's showing in extra agility, the same power is available in my legs but has less ballast to overcome.

Thinking of diet - seen the latest that says red meat will kill you ? Eating is unhealthy. There's something in everything that will kill you ... eventually. But. Not eating anything will kill you a lot lot faster. Take what you read with a pinch of salt (oops). What comes out of supposedly respectable research places these days resembles sensationalist quackery. It is : Garbage. Eat what works for you, everyone needs different food.

Cricket - hoping I'll have a nets buddy :-) Globesports down in the middle of Bristol offer indoor nets with a bowling machine. Just one session will be more pre season practice than the last maybe 8 seasons put together. I won't be bowling though so I'll need to get my conditioning another way. Like walking around site over a lunch time.

Not that it does much good :-) Even with getting as much pre season practice and conditioning as I could get to 20 years ago, I'd still need a few days to unstiffen after the first game of the season. And that's with me being 20 years less broken :-).

Think that's most of the random thoughts out of my head, at least the ones that escape the tiredness trap that is.

There are more though. I've been keeping an eye on a couple of people lately. Those thoughts are definitely still rumbling around in my head. Thoughts of "is ... ok?" are the first coherent thoughts in the morning and they're the last thoughts before sleep.

Time for a hot shower before starting on that last leg of the Mass Effect trilogy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.