Friday, March 30, 2012

Randomness from the city

Managed to escape* early enough to have a wander around Bristol centre today ...

*(this means - finishing up what needs doing in good enough time to take advantage of the flexi credit I've built up, i.e. a day's work in 5 hours)

Walking into interesting pretty ladies who stick around to have a natter never gets old :-) Although the emphasis there is more on "interesting" than the "pretty". There's plenty of pretty ladies out there who I have no interest in talking to because they give the impression that there's nobody home upstairs. "Pretty" + "Intelligent" = "Interesting".

It would be better though if I thought of asking the "can I buy you a coffee" while the intelligent pretty lady is there, rather than while walking away. This particular pretty lady works over at our contractor's office, kinda as a counterpart to some of what I do (my brief is similar but looks at different areas). But as I don't get to go over there too often ...

But ... as so often is the case, the person I end up bumping into is not the person I'd really like to be bumping into. Maybe that's why the "can I buy you a coffee" question ends up unasked, because I know I'd prefer to be doing nice things for the other person.

Pink Hat Project - oh my. I've been having increasing doubts here. I've been enjoying agility on a par with how I could bounce around a few years ago. However ... I've also been unable to shake stiffness in my right hip that's a legacy of a 20 year old groin tear, which I injured again 2 seasons ago. I'm mostly pain free (shoulder is always an issue) but this hip thing means I'm barely hiding a limp at the moment. I have most of my movement but this makes me doubt whether I should be hurling myself into as much cricket as there is time for.

Need incentive.

And the best incentive I've ever known is a pretty lady saying "you can do it". Got me an A in English GCSE. Seriously. True story. Although going with that logic, I really don't know how I managed the A in Geography and the A in History. The English teacher was far more sexy :-).

Summer styles - these are definitely coming in now. Although I was finding it far more difficult to tear my eyes away from the summer dresses than the summer belts.

Summer dresses = awesome. They enhance curves and make movement graceful.
(saying that though, some people don't need the outfit to make them graceful, it just comes naturally to them)
Hotpants like belts = meh. They only enhance bumpy bits that shouldn't be bumpy bits.

Must try and harder to have all my bumpy bits in the right places. My legs are chunky but lean, it can be fascinating to watch the muscles play against each other under the skin. My arms are spindly though and, although it's reduced a bit, I still have the spare tyre look.

Going to be remembering old stuff again - bought myself one of these Cyborg Fly thingys ... The games I used to enjoy most were flight and space combat sims. They don't make those any more though, the first person shooter style has achieved domination. Moving in 2d is very passe though, 3d needs far more skill. The game to initiate this is WCSaga, a remake of an old classic (which I never played because I got addicted to Tie Fighter). But it'll also see service with Starlancer, which I enjoyed but never completed.

Retail therapy without buying anything - I always seem to do this. I like having a wander around the shops and while I'll look at stuff, I'll rarely actually buy. Most of the stuff I want, I've already bought. Stuff I see for sale isn't being offered at competitive enough prices to attract impulse buys. Like the Edie Brickell album I don't have yet. I want it - but at £15 in the shop, it's going back on the shelf.

Wonder if that's a symptom of hard times on the high street ? There's more empty shop fronts now than there used to be, even when the recession was hitting us. We live in interesting times.

Still, it was good to get out there and have a wander today. Sun was out and making it warm and the Costa Coffee Girls were in good humour too. It's weird how fate works sometimes, their mistake which delayed my toastie meant I bumped into Pretty Contractor Lady. Delay = bad, Smile from Pretty Lady = awesome.

Coincidences can be wonderful things :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.