Monday, March 26, 2012

Randoms

Random thoughts :

Shops that don't want to sell you anything ... I need a couple of bits of cricket gear : spikes and probably another bat. So I had a look in Sports Direct - found passable spikes, would have bought jogging trousers as well. But ... no one suggested "want to try those on ?". And I walk away knowing I get more interest and much better gear from the guys at Globe Sports. Sports Direct are a glorified clothes shop anyway.

Need to head over there again at some point - Globe Sports has a bowling machine and I'm badly in need of a short burst of batting practice to tell me what kind of shape I'm in there. It needs to be just a short burst (15 minutes) as my arms would fall off and I'd stop Learning. Later sessions could be longer. First session is to spark off those neurons to wake up muscle memory. Later sessions are for technique.

That's the way I learn : I do. I remember. I think about what I've done. I identify ways to improve. But it often takes me a bit of time for the training benefit to sink in. Like not having a clue about why my boomerang inswing bowling had turned to boomerang awayswing without me apparently changing anything. I needed to mentally replay what I'd been doing to figure that one out (I'd been listening too much to cricket commentary)

Duffy has great songs but sounds like she's on helium. Don't get me wrong, she's done some amazing songs (Mercy and My Boy are outstanding) but the squeakiness will likely see her not go past the 2 albums which have already come out. They're good albums, I'm currently listening to the 2nd : Endlessly.

Snow Queen's back tomorrow ! Yey :-) I've missed the Snow Queen. There's just something about that cheeky little smile and the smart cookie behind that smile. If one of my big-grins gets answered with that smile, then that "Sleepy can take on the world" feeling gets closer.

Might need that soon too. Clocks changed this weekend, which means soon we'll have enough light in the evenings for the summer cricket. I'd love to do the Pink Hat Project thing this summer but ... I'm still feeling those old injuries and will need something to keep me fighting them. It's mostly a mental thing as despite a sore back, I know I have full power available in my legs and I'm lighter than I have been in years. But - I've also been hiding a slight limp for 3 weeks now due to a dodgy hip.

I can be a bit roller coaster with my confidence - and a pat on the back or a smile from the right person can give me a huge lift. And I depend on that confidence to let me ignore the frailties.

Here's that pink hat again :

(click for bigger)

I still want a few more bits of pink stuff but haven't quite resorted to Buy Red Hat, Get Red Hat Weathered to Pink yet. Pink Hat Project may well give me the motivation to get a lot of cricket in this summer, which will do me a world of good. Still need to pick a charity to support, I'll be consulting with the girls from work there.

Dementia's hit the news - wonder if there's something environmental here. I've been even more absent minded than usual and it's not from lack of mental exercise. I've also been mixing words up more too (Globe kept coming out as Bloge)

Getting out a bit - we've had glorious weather here lately and something in me must have changed cos I'd like to be out in it. Need the excuse though. I'd like to do more in general, things like concerts. Never actually been to something from a proper group (the uni ones were tribute bands) and with the love I have for listening to music, that's something that's just plain Wrong.

I just like variation and I think I need to see New Stuff.

Sign I'm not That Old - I put my last pair of glasses on today for the first time in years ... and Could See ! They gave clear view too, although they've got misaligned (that'll be the 2 nose jobs). I think my current pair are 6 years old ...

And to finish on something completely unconnected, managed to go 5 weeks without needing to put petrol in the car. That's pretty awesome. And I only filled up due to fears of petrol strikes ! Yes. That's kinda Panic Buy stuff but the car was just above empty so Nyah. :-)

Very last thought : Furniture shops - Why u no sell hifi stands ? ??? !!! :-)

PS Thought - Blogger's country redirection thing is another WTH Did You Break It ? I have to add a /ncr to a iceangelthemerc.blogspot.com to get the edit facility and some of the icons back because the Country Redirection to .co.uk breaks all sorts of stuff. The key to change is to think before planning and then think again before implementing. Don't just implement unwanted change without thought of the consequence. Wordpress is looking like it might get checked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.