Monday, December 05, 2011

Hairy legs and shiny nails

Oh and bad tech too.

I think I needed somehow to balance the excellent tech buy with the new machine (still rock solid stable). Bestbuy are getting out of dodge at the moment (retail sector's not so good here) so they have a lot of offers on at the moment. Pretty attractive offers too. Good enough to tempt me into a new keyboard and mouse. That's been on my list for a little while now, as it's a pain to move the old ones around if I'm wanting to put the desktop PC on the telly.

So I picked up a Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse combination. Oops.

Immediate comments - the mouse isn't up to the job compared to my old MS Razer mouse. I've actually switched back. Intellipoint gives a fair number of customisation options for the buttons but none where it really counts. There's no real option to change the sensitivity or to disable mouse acceleration. I like some sensitivity in a mouse, although that doesn't mean seeing the pointer go crazy across the screen at a twitch. Getting it balanced means I don't kill my wrist overcorrecting.

So I've gone back to my old mouse. The keyboard is similar although I've not fired that yet. They layout is mostly fine but there are little or no relevant markings on the function keys. I'm a touchtyper so I don't like to have to look for some keys. There's also very little definition to the keys, with them being much flatter than the chunky keys I grew up on. Qwerty is ok, function keys are not and you need those for gaming.

Anyone want a keyboard and mouse ? Still, as they're wireless I can use my old ones for gaming and use the wireless ones for Pooter-On-Telly. I have one more bit of the puzzle to go there though, need something for sound.

Getting my leg back :-)

After its wound that wouldn't go away, the red bit is now much reduced. It's still there but the skin looks in much better condition. While it was still healing, the skin would actually split again when I walked which has helped to make healing real slow. The real sign of progress will be when I get a hairy leg again :-). All the hair came off as part of the wound but it's starting to come back as bristles.

Dunno how it got caused, although I have a big suspicion that I was allergic to the washing machine blobs I switched to. I've switched back to what I used before. Weird that my mum & sister developed similar things with our skin at about the same time, can't figure a link there except from genetics.

Hopefully I'll get that hairy leg back soon. Otherwise it's totally ready for speeding across cricket fields, although I need to lose a little weight to get back the speed I used to have.

Last bit. I didn't move fast enough when passing the cosmetic seller stands at the Mall earlier. There was a very pretty young lady asking if I had a minute and while I was going "gaaaa", I got shown how a bit of buffing would make my fingernail very shiny.

And it's still shiny now ...

What can I say, pretty lady smiles at me I'll pay attention. Although she was pretty in a "OMG IT'S A RUSSIAN SPY" kind of way. Yep, I'm a sucker for a pretty lady but I also have defenses that come up and start to have fun with them in a "how can I drive 'em nuts" kind of way. Or I'll look in a completely different direction to the one she wants me to look in.

Not that I'd object to being at the beck and call of a pretty lady. As long as it's the right pretty lady. Hopefully when I see the next pretty lady who actually has a reciprocal interest in me too, it'll be Third Time Lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.