Thursday, December 08, 2011

Spoilt for choice

Cheers Cyberkitten :-)

Had a birthday present from my very good friend and neighbour CK tonight, an iTunes voucher. Now ... what to spend it on.

First up - Edie Brickell has 2 albums out that I don't have in my collection yet, Volcano and a self titled "Edie Brickell". Can't get the second on iTunes so it's just Volcano for now. Hopefully there will be something on there as good as No Dinero from Stranger Things. That's another slow burner that I wasn't sure about at first but it's a standout track from the album. Makes you think of abandoning your cares and just chilling out, ignoring the outside world.

I would like to get the Elkie Brooks collection, which is a semi-discovery from a Driving Songs collection of cds. I'm saying "semi" cos I always knew Elkie Brooks was a good singer, it just took an hour or so of scanning Youtube to find out just How Good. Check this out ... A pity that the compilation is £10 on iTunes (or about £4 on Amazon). Oh well, will restrict the Elkie Brooks just to Fool If You Think It's Over for now.

One thing that's kept me in WoW all these years is hearing the voices over the comms. There's some great people in the guild aka the Hot Swedish Girls. It's not just the accent, it's the attitude. And that accent and attitude came together for quite a few wonderful albums by The Cardigans. They split though, with the lead singer forming up into a new band called A Camp. Their second album (Colonia) is the next purchase.

And while I'm there, the Ping popup in iTunes is Piggin' Annoyin'. Even though I've disabled Ping, it still insists on telling me that it's ready to annoy me.

Oookay ... must not rant :-)

Few random tracks seeing as it's a certain time of year :

Tom Jones & Cerys Matthews - Baby it's cold outside - sure is !
And that's it for the random Xmas tracks. Just listened to Kylie's Santa Baby off Youtube which put me off the idea. Muahahaha
Although having just seen a version of "Fairytale Of New York" sung by Ronan Keating (don't care) and Moya Brennan, voice of Clannad, I'll couldn't resist that.

Another for the "not getting that just now" : Evanescence are back with a self titled album which I'd like to get ... But. £5 for the normal album, £11 for a deluxe version that has 4 extra tracks plus a remix and a video. I could upgrade the normal album with the extra 4 tracks for £1 each but that stinks of profiteering, which is something I go to lengths not to indulge.

What else, what else ... Having a peek through Amazon's recommended feature for ideas and it really wants me to grab that Elkie Brooks collection ...

Just watched the video for Laura Marling's (new artist to me) New Romantic. Love it, tempted. After watching a couple more though, the videos are better than the music and considering I listen to stuff as audio only most of the time, won't get this one for now.

Last one for now will be Snow Patrol's new album, Fallen Empires. Well, it will be if iTunes decides to cooperate ... I need to boost the available credit by a measly 6p before the transaction will go through ...

PS I fixed it by buying more stuff - Emmerdale by The Cardigans has some tracks I already have plus some I don't. I'm the sort of person who likes to have everything done by the bands I consider special, hence one nickname (old) of "Alisha's Addict" after me buying all the Alisha's Attic singles for the excellent B-Sides.

4 comments:

  1. I'm just sorry it took me so long to get it to you! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem ! :-)

    I shall have to cut you a cd of the b-side to the Star Trek Motion Picture soundtrack currently playing through the wall ... It's effectively an audiobook of a record cut by Gene Roddenberry and friends.

    Essential listening for Trekkies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:50 am

    "Sunshine after the Rain is a great double c.d from Elkie. It covers Elkie from her early days in the music business. All her hits, plus some great tracks from her days with the rock band "Vinegar Joe. It showcases Elkie great vocal ability.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just visited Amazon and ended up at the Elkie Brooks page ... Ordering wish list items for people's birthdays can be dangerous : I always seem to be buying stuff for me too - lol :-)

    Cheers for the tip :-)

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.